+1

Unhappy Bone stock RXT-X 260 throwing me around

I don't know if I am the only one with this problem but here goes:

Every time I hit a 1’-2’ boat wake or lake slop at 30mph+, my TX bounces me up off the seat and I have to fight my way back down. This is starting to become a pain in the butt and is very scary. I have the trim set at 1 bar below middle and I am sitting in the seat just ahead of the hump. I would like to sit on the hump, but it puts me up too high. I can’t sit behind the hump because I am only 5’8” tall and I don’t have gorilla length arms. I tried trimming all the way down, but the same thing happens. I also have a Kawai 260X and a 2003 GTX and this never happens with them.

Any remedies please?

I tend to ride stand up if there is too much wake or chop which allows you to go much faster without getting bounced off the seat which is the unsettling part.
    Also I trim the nose right down if it is rough and works well for me. The new prop modded by SF's has changed the attitude of the boat completely and in the rough tends to suck down onto the water much more giving a more predictable ride with less unwanted air time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark82 View Post
    I tend to ride stand up if there is too much wake or chop which allows you to go much faster without getting bounced off the seat which is the unsettling part.
    Also I trim the nose right down if it is rough and works well for me. The new prop modded by SF's has changed the attitude of the boat completely and in the rough tends to suck down onto the water much more giving a more predictable ride with less unwanted air time.
    I wil try trimming the nose all the way down. I tried my friends TX with a SF prop and it rides the same as my TX... I didn't try it with the trim all the way down. I will do this on his TX this weekend. Thanks for the god advice. Phil

Also could try a more aggressive intake grate like an R&D grate. Should give a more 'planted' feel and not so jumpy.
    I do know what you mean with the RXTX. The nose wants to go up and fly as it is light in the front end. Completely opposite to your Kwaka 260x. Gotta love the cornering ability and agility of the seadoo though!

+1
    I stand up under those conditions, on a 250x in the same conditions I could go cruise control and take a nap.....but the rxtx is the boat for my style of riding.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    I stand up under those conditions, on a 250x in the same conditions I could go cruise control and take a nap.....but the rxtx is the boat for my style of riding.
    Congrats on that 9 second ZR1! WOW, I am impressed. I think Jerry is running in the 9s on his Z06. I am running in the 10s with my Volswagon. I sold my Z06 because it was totally out of control. Now, if I could only get my TX under control and run with the big dawgs... I would be a happy camper. I am looking forward to buying a 2012 SS... look out baby, this is going to be the car of the century! It's bye bye Ferrari... and everything else. 850hp whp and a new style, I can harldy wait for the SS.

Meanwhile, back in the jungle, I have got to get this TX under control to be competitive.

Thread Information