Anyone Running Precision Sports Turbo Upgrade w/ Stage 2 ECU

In about a week I will finally have my MSX 150 back together following a complete engine rebuild and I am looking for some advice for the impeller. If anyone has a similar setup of big turbo and stage 2 ECU programming, what are you running for an impeller?

+1
    directly from desperado (@ Precision):
    •Stage 1 is for people who want to run the stock impeller. It will raise rpm to around 7,700 (100rpm short of the limiter) with the stock prop.
    •Stage 2 has more boost and will exceed the 7,800rpm rev limiter on the stock prop.... so a new impeller will be required. Usually, the oem impeller with +2 degrees on the trailing edge will do an excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    directly from desperado (@ Precision):
    •Stage 1 is for people who want to run the stock impeller. It will raise rpm to around 7,700 (100rpm short of the limiter) with the stock prop.
    •Stage 2 has more boost and will exceed the 7,800rpm rev limiter on the stock prop.... so a new impeller will be required. Usually, the oem impeller with +2 degrees on the trailing edge will do an excellent job.
    This is the suggested setup on the stock turbo.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ride04msx View Post
    In about a week I will finally have my MSX 150 back together following a complete engine rebuild and I am looking for some advice for the impeller.

If anyone has a similar setup of big turbo and stage 2 ECU programming, what are you running for an impeller?
    ive got big turbo and stage one, got the solas 13/19 impeller in it, the one from martin @ precision sports! and it does work a treat. progressive hookup all rpm, no undue spinning of prop, or lag in hook up.

recommend the Solas, I lost 100rpm with prop, which was meant to, but it would be even better suited to yours!

+1
    I am using a stage one on a standard turbo, and had to add some pitch to the standard impeller to keep it off the limiter.

When I put the Precision Sports sticker on it picked up. 200rpm, I am thinking of adding another when I have time to repitch

I ran stage 2 on standard turbo for a few hours on an engine that turned out to be hurt. I added +2 to the trailing edge of the standard impeller and was still on the limiter out of the hole and on the top end. What is the practical limit of adding pitch to the standard impeller? Isn't the standard impeller something like 7.5/20.5 in the MSX 150?

I know it is an apples to oranges thing, but what was the standard pitch of the impeller used on a Matrix 200 conversion? Same hull and nearly the same RPM on top, maybe similar total power as well.

Thread Information