Help Diagnose Root Cause

Ok I have a 2000 GPR 1200 which I picked up at the beginning of the summer. Well I ran into issue the past week and have no compression in my my middle cylinder (other 2 are good). I spend a lot of time on PWCTODAY but saw a lot of references to this site for help with GPR issues. I was looking for some expert opinions as to the root cause of my failure. I am not sure if the following pictures can paint a good story but I figured I would post them and see what advice I get. All three plugs look the same and if anything look more rich than lean. To me the pistons don't appear to indicate a lean condition either (but I am far from an expert). Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Well, for starters, you're running lean. Do a search on piston wash to get a better idea. Secondly, you have an 800cc piston in there (66E). The E denotes the 800cc version and V denotes the 1200cc version. Someone has clearly had it apart and fixed it incorrectly. I found the same thing in my ski after it burnt up after a few runs. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two pistons, but I do know the 800cc has different port timing.

Sometimes the rings can catch the exhaust ports which may have happened here. My incorrect piston caused damage in the same area as yours.

Thanks millertyme26...this is the exact advice I was hoping to receive. The center cylinder is definitely different from the other two which appear to have a sleeve. I was thinking the other two had been repaired vice the center one. I will search on piston wash to better educate myself.

Thread Information