+1

exhaust header cracked

my buddies xlt 1200 last summer blow the exhuast gasket and now he brought it to me saying "my ski keeps filling up with water " do a water test theres a nice crack on the header hard to see in the pic less theres water comeing out of it. found a used one online but is there any way i can cool the exhust and motor more cause he runs the ski hard ether full throttle or none so i need to get more water in the system some how any ideas??
    thxs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	244856

thats not the cause, he overheated the engine some how. Guys are running huge HP engines WOT all day as myself never had an issue. Overheating most likely caused the crack. This engine gets plenty of cooling. We actually take some cooling away on certain parts;0)
    Put it back together he should be fine. Make sure he doesnt clog up with sea weed! Is he flushing with the hose correctly?

+1
    He's the type that once I fix it up they leave It beached behind there house or what ever. Never drain water out of the hual till like he saw it on the 4th it was up to the batt which is a suprize he took the seats off to look inside cause they never do.. Just trying to make it buliet proof I guess lol iv just heard people adding extra lines sometimes...
    Thxs glade
    I found a used one online for them I was afred the weld job they were gonna. Have done wasn't gonna hold

Not trying to sound lime an asshole or anything so dont take this the wrong way but if your friend is not going to treat it any better than that its just a matter of time before something else is wrong with it..A little care goes a long way.

+1
    I hear yea I scaired them a lil bit saying i can't find any used ones and a new one is $675 so they kind of woke up and wanna take care of it now it seems like which is good..

Thread Information