Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Stage 2 GP1300R vs GPRXP

I currently have a 74mph ported stage 2, GP1300R. Wanting to jump into a GPRXP build, but looking for the best setup for my riding style - Ocean wave jumping & holeshot for playing in the ICW, etc..

Also wondering what the differences would be in long term maintenance cost. I do ride quite a bit, so a new top end every 6 months - vs?

Not looking to be the quickest out there, just for the best holeshot & acceleration.

Thanks,
    Wayne

+1
    I dont think you can justify the expense of building a GPRXP. Most of them(I SAID MOST OF THEM) dont have a good holeshot and most of them are built for top speed. I think you have what you need with the stage 2 1300r.

+1
    Thanks for the input Joe. My current setup does the job very well, was just looking for an excuse to go 4stroke. Think I'll start looking for a clean used RXP for the misses, mod it a bit, and learn the power band & characteristics of both power plants.

Thanks Again..

+1
    anytime....welcome to the forum

+1
    I sold my stage 2 rxp to go back to a 2 stroke gpr. My preference always seems to lie with the two strokes. I think you would be happier with your current setup -plus you can always mod it more for a lot less if you decide you want a little more. If you want holeshot and hookup for jumping look for a scat 14 vein pump- worth the money and a lot cheaper than a seadoo motor

+1
    I agree with the others and I would not feel comfortable wave jumping with the 4 stroke in there. Have you felt the weight of those engines? Stick with what you have and maybe fine tune it. You would probably be better off for what you are looking to do with it. Just my 2 cents.

+1
    Now opens up a whole new can of worms - I checked out the Skat site & have read great things about their pumps. Can anyone recommend a good retailer, or had any experience with the twin-drive system? I'm looking forward to attending Mudbug this year to check out all of the different setups & races..

Moderated
    i have both skis and i much prefer my 2 stroke in the surf, it just feels much more natural.

for flat water you cant beat a gprxp tho

+1
    The twin prop isnt out for the gpr yet unless you did a lot of machining. They are suppose to be in the works for next spring. I'm a dealer for scat but may be able to find a used setup first. If you can't pm me and I will get you a deal. I'm a dealer and I still run a used one on mine for the savings I got on it. They are worth the money.

just sold my FX SHO to go back to a 08 GPR miss the two stokes and sick of the three seater boat in the surf, when they go bang a two stroke will cost you quater of the cost too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information