How to raise bow up on waveraider

I have a 96 Wave Raider 700 without the QSTS. I would like to be able to raise the bow up for more top end speed. What is the easiest way to do this? I read that you could add washers to the ride plate but would this raise the bow as high as having QSTS? Also is there a way to add a cheap trim type system to the waveraider? I only run the ski in the lake with smooth to light chop. I am adding a R&D intake grate and a protec ride plate soon. Hopefully this will help on top end speed as well.

Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar
    I would have said to get the 98-99 GP 1200 nozzle since that is a 5 degree nozzle, but forgot you have a 144mm pump.

i have a brand new r&d pro series ride plate i will sell you

+1
    Just installed and tested the R&D ride plate on my Raider 760. Major difference in bow elevation. She planes on calm conditions really nice. Just remember that choppy conditions will have her porposing a lot more. But for flat water, the R&D will be exactly what your looking for.

Is the R&D ride plate a better option than the Protec ride plate? I've read that a lot of people recommend the pro-tec shorty ride plate for the raider. How much are you selling the R&D for?

+1
    Let me correct myself. I have the Protec shorty on my Raider not R&D. I appoligize for the confussion. My bad. The protec is perfect for those calm conditions and the Raider planes quick as heck with significant bow raise. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by calicoss View Post
    Let me correct myself. I have the Protec shorty on my Raider not R&D. I appoligize for the confussion. My bad. The protec is perfect for those calm conditions and the Raider planes quick as heck with significant bow raise. Love it.
    What performance differences did you notice with the protec plate? How much more top end did you gain?

im one of the original guys who started using and shimming and cutting up and modifying the pro-tec shorty. call me and i will tell you all about it-too much to type big mark 469-231-4087

+1
    Without a GPS to gauge true speed it's tough to say but on the stupid wheel MPH guage it shows anywhere from 1-2 MPH gain. But that's really not a good measurment to say the least. All I can say is I notice a decent change in planing real quick and the bow does rise significantly. I'd love to know how you tweaked your plate 'big raider' as well. Let me know if its ok to call you as well. I installed this just a week ago but would like to know your feelings about shimming this plate.

Thread Information