msx 150 not reaching full boost under wot

so ive been having nonstop problems with this ski and been fixing them one by one. but this time i finally get it fixed and stupid me leaves the flush kit on and take the ski out and fill half the hull with water. i pulled it onto the beach and pumped all the water clean out, the ski was running a little skippy but after a min of putting around it was back to normal and everything seamed ok. now he only problem im having with it is under wot it dosnt seem as fast as it used to and about 2-3 bars down on the boost gauge. runs great just not making full boost and topping out around 50mph. anyone got any ideas before i bring it back to mechanic? thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by craigc90 View Post
    so ive been having nonstop problems with this ski and been fixing them one by one. but this time i finally get it fixed and stupid me leaves the flush kit on and take the ski out and fill half the hull with water. i pulled it onto the beach and pumped all the water clean out, the ski was running a little skippy but after a min of putting around it was back to normal and everything seamed ok. now he only problem im having with it is under wot it dosnt seem as fast as it used to and about 2-3 bars down on the boost gauge. runs great just not making full boost and topping out around 50mph. anyone got any ideas before i bring it back to mechanic? thanks
    check the wastegate for free movement

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

The boost gauge is useless. What RPM are you seeing at full throttle on the water?

Do check the turbo waste gate for sticking or binding. My signature links have more info in the Weber engine section.

If you flooded the hull pretty good I would pull it and do s solid once over with fluid change for sure.

Check all your electrical connections and give the ski a solid day or two with the seat off in the sun. If you went from good to not do good in a hurry Zmy money is on some electrical gremlin that hopefully will clear up once fully dried out.

Regardless an oil change is needed...don't freak if you have milk inside. If you do, a fill and drain with cheap oil would be a good idea.

I dunk my dirtbikes commonly...and this seems to work every time.

Thread Information