seadoo di coil wiring

hello, anyone know the wiring for the di coils. i know their 3 wire as i have 2 sitting infront of me. looks like a positive, ground and a signal. but the positives aren't the same color. so if anyone has a wiring schematic or knows anything about these coils. seing if i might be able to use these with my ecu instead of having to buy the mercury marine / lsx coils with built in ignitor. with my ecu i can fire coils directly with the built in driver or remove the driver and fire coils with built in ignitors.

found out black is ground, red/ black and red/ green is 12v power through the 15amp fuse in the mpem, and the white/blu and white/green is signal, but does that mean the coil has a built in ignitor or the mpem fires the coil by connecting the ground inside the mpem?

Quote Originally Posted by slociviccoupe View Post
    found out black is ground, red/ black and red/ green is 12v power through the 15amp fuse in the mpem, and the white/blu and white/green is signal, but does that mean the coil has a built in ignitor or the mpem fires the coil by connecting the ground inside the mpem?

The mpem fires the coil. In the stator housing you have a pick up coil and trigger wheel. That sends a signal to the mpem which then signals the coils to fire.

Well found out these are essentially dumb coils, no internal ignitor. the mpem charges the primary side of the coil. the di's must have an internal cdi in the mpem. can't use these the way i wanted to. guess its the gm/ mercury marine lsx series coils for me.
    i really wanted to use the di's coils because of the hot spark and i have a set. Oh well.

Thread Information