The kicker is I live in fl and know nothin about skis
    I've been on rentals but that's just gas and go

So basically I know nothing about mainaining one of these
    hypothetically speaking.....

How do I prep the engine for the day?
    for all I know this is a pos
    he dry ran it with a hose for me so I know it runs
    but today the battery is dead dead and its a fairly new die hard battery
    so what would case the drain? I know I need a drainplug before I take it out but....today it rained really bad and there was about an inch of water in the hull....
    so popular leak points?

I know nothing about these things
    This is a totally different world for me I am mechanically inclined
    but I don't get these things

Also maybe the guy was retarded but he said don't put oil in the "oil tank" mix with the gas
    which growing up on dirt bikes I get that.....but why have a place to put oil?

Basically I need the full entire run down on these things
    Care,prep,issues,problems,upgrades, and advice

Also anything to do for aesthetics? This thing is UGGGGAAA....LLLY

+1
    Post in 2 stroke performance. Get answers a little quicker there. Looks ok for a 96. Inside the hull looks rough and dirty and could use a STRONG cleaning.

Ok thanks man

Anybody.....nobody?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ky1e_p View Post
    Third time typing this!
    website resets on a phone......buttttt

Here's my issue
    I came across a steal and ended up with a 96 seadoo xp

The kicker is I live in fl and know nothin about skis
    I've been on rentals but that's just gas and go

So basically I know nothing about mainaining one of these
    hypothetically speaking.....

How do I prep the engine for the day?
    for all I know this is a pos
    he dry ran it with a hose for me so I know it runs
    but today the battery is dead dead and its a fairly new die hard battery
    so what would case the drain? I know I need a drainplug before I take it out but....today it rained really bad and there was about an inch of water in the hull....
    so popular leak points?

I know nothing about these things
    This is a totally different world for me I am mechanically inclined
    but I don't get these things

Also maybe the guy was retarded but he said don't put oil in the "oil tank" mix with the gas
    which growing up on dirt bikes I get that.....but why have a place to put oil?

Basically I need the full entire run down on these things
    Care,prep,issues,problems,upgrades, and advice

Also anything to do for aesthetics? This thing is UGGGGAAA....LLLY
    for starters replace the battery. second pull the retarded tribal skull decals off. the seats not half bad but the green sucks. looks like you have a bilge setup also...what is the gauge below the handle bars? tack? since he said to premix it I would assume that the oil pump on the front of the motor is trashed. but you need to look to see how the oil line feed and return lines are run from the bottom of the crank case. are they looped or are they run to the oil tank and back? either way is fine but I would change out the oil for fresh. its strange that this filled with water. did you have the seat off or something? i would take it to the water and run it on the trailer to see if the carbon seal around the drive shaft is any good. has the fuel system been upgraded? does it have the gray fuel lines still? if it does read the DIY sticky in the 2 stroke section. you will also need to pull the carb screens and clean them out. and replace the needle and seats if this has not been done already. there are tons of things to check but this is the top ones I can think of without writing a novel. but post up with questions.

Airbornexp....has got it right!....do what he recommends and you will be just fine. The trible thing is up to you!

I know it can be a little over whelming at first but you will get the hang of it fast! MY first rule is....do I have oil in my gas and is it mixed correctly!

The VERY first thing you need to do is yank those god awful green decals off and buy a new seat cover.

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    for starters replace the battery. second pull the retarded tribal skull decals off. the seats not half bad but the green sucks. looks like you have a bilge setup also...what is the gauge below the handle bars? tack? since he said to premix it I would assume that the oil pump on the front of the motor is trashed. but you need to look to see how the oil line feed and return lines are run from the bottom of the crank case. are they looped or are they run to the oil tank and back? either way is fine but I would change out the oil for fresh. its strange that this filled with water. did you have the seat off or something? i would take it to the water and run it on the trailer to see if the carbon seal around the drive shaft is any good. has the fuel system been upgraded? does it have the gray fuel lines still? if it does read the DIY sticky in the 2 stroke section. you will also need to pull the carb screens and clean them out. and replace the needle and seats if this has not been done already. there are tons of things to check but this is the top ones I can think of without writing a novel. but post up with questions.

hey airborne, when you say that he has a bilge set up what is that? my 96 xp's have 2 black rectangle things that are held in place with a s.s strap to the bottom. they are at the back of the engine. they have a hose attached to them. i see one in one of ky1e_p's photos. is that what you mean? how do they work?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information