Angry 2011 rxt- 260 variable trim BROKE! Please help!

I am very new to this and thought I would get some advice from some of you that have probably been there done that. Last week I bought a brand spankin new 2011 RXT-X 260. Took it out to the lake ran it both sat and sun and it ran excellent ( as u would think a new pax would). Then just yesterday I put in all seemed normal 2 chirps and was good to go. After I got past the no wake zone I went to go and it wouldnt get I've 6 mph!!! Engine was running fine it was at like 7 grand on the tach just wast going anywhere! So mad as a hornet I loaded back up and got it on the trailer so I could see what was going on out of the water. I crunk up out of the water and the trim makes a god awful rattle now an won't adjust. So my engine is running excellent my trim won't adjust and so it's not allowing the water to be forced how it needs to. There is 12 hrs on my ski this SHOULDNT happen! Does anyone have any clue what's going on or how to fix it?!?! Please and thank u!

+1
    firstly, check you pump for debris. That is likely the cavitation issue that is allowing your engine to rev but not not go anywhere. The smallest peice of debris between the blades and wear ring is all it takes. Start there!

Thank u so much! When I say I am new to this I am very new to this! First watercraft of any kind. So I am going to ask a dumb question what pump and should accessing this be fairly easy?

+1
    If your ski is already on the trailer this is going to be very easy. Crawl under the ski and look up into the intake grate and towards the back of the ski. That is your pump tunnel as it leads into the pump. The pump contains the impeller. Look at the outer tips of the impeller blades. They should be COMPLETELY free of any debris.Even a pine needle is enough to cause cavitation. If you cavitate, you ain't goin anywhere.

Think of it like a bald tire on ice. The engine and tires will spin but you get no bite.

+1
    +1

Thanks so much for the advice. There was a stick about three inches long lodged in-between the blades. I had to take the grate off but that was nothing more than removing three bolts. Crazy how something so small can mess it all up. Small tool kit will be kept with me at all times now just in case that ever happens again. Still no clue why the trim isn't working. I take it for the first service this week and I'll make sure they fix that. Nothing worse than having a brand new toy that doesn't work right.

Thread Information