How to set up wastegate

Last night went to take out my msx150 after replacing the turbo, the problem I'm having is that at low rpms it's fine as soon as I give it gas the boost gauge just spikes. I'm sure I don't have the wastegate set up properly. The wastegate opens freely and the actuator starts to open with a manual pump at 6 psi. I tried doing a search on this forum last night as there has been several topics posted and one person had a write up but I was unable to find it. I also have a problem with the temp light coming on but I changed the coolant and I could just have a air lock in the system, I will remove the bleed line and apply pressure to the system. Any help on this topic would be great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryscott View Post
    Last night went to take out my msx150 after replacing the turbo, the problem I'm having is that at low rpms it's fine as soon as I give it gas the boost gauge just spikes. I'm sure I don't have the wastegate set up properly. The wastegate opens freely and the actuator starts to open with a manual pump at 6 psi. I tried doing a search on this forum last night as there has been several topics posted and one person had a write up but I was unable to find it. I also have a problem with the temp light coming on but I changed the coolant and I could just have a air lock in the system, I will remove the bleed line and apply pressure to the system. Any help on this topic would be great.
    You may need a new improved/updated wastegate, the stock WG seems like it still malfunctions even when it appears to open at 6psi while tested.

For the temp light....did the light come on AFTER you changed the coolant? Or was it coming on before you touched the cooling system?

If it happened after you put in new coolant, you may have the wrong coolant type/mixture, or an air pocket like you stated. But if the light was on before the matter, you may have a different problem.

i think i just may have figured it out, my suction intake on the seadoo was plugged full of seaweed, that would give me the effect of the engine reving up and boosting but not going anywhere, and since the pump wouldn't be getting water through that freshwater circut that may cause problems as well.

Thread Information