Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Im in VA. How much does it cost to ship a ski? Do your prices include a trailer?

If the recalls have not been done will polaris still cover them?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Could the same be said about any used watercraft?

There are plenty of MSX 140 machines running around with no issues at all. When they do have issues, they are often TPS and EMM related, and the engine itself is fine.

My own MSX 140 has had no issues related to engine or EMM. Runs well, no real problems, probably 120 running hours since spring of 2008.

The Weber turbo engined MSX 150 is an entirely different discussion...
    Of course any engine can fail, I'm just suggesting he looks at another ski that has no "known" problems.

I think he can pay a little bit more, and get a decent running ski that isn't "running rough" as the one he is looking at.

Click my Avatar for signature links, Polaris info
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    ... I think he can pay a little bit more, and get a decent running ski that isn't "running rough" as the one he is looking at.
    all depends on how much 'more' a comparable model costs that is well running.

Often enough if you know about the common problems with a particular model you can purchase a not well running example with reasonable confidence of what it will take to get it into running condition.

The price discount from buying a 'not well running' machine can be viewed as insurance money that can be spent should the machine need it.

When you pay full market price for an apparently good running machine, problems can still happen. So the cost of repairs gets added above the already full price that was paid.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    all depends on how much 'more' a comparable model costs that is well running.

Often enough if you know about the common problems with a particular model you can purchase a not well running example with reasonable confidence of what it will take to get it into running condition.

The price discount from buying a 'not well running' machine can be viewed as insurance money that can be spent should the machine need it.

When you pay full market price for an apparently good running machine, problems can still happen. So the cost of repairs gets added above the already full price that was paid.
    Here in the states, that's what we use Kelly blue book for

+1

cream puff

Quote Originally Posted by castaicsportsgarage View Post
    What area is this? I have lot's of skis for sale. I will be selling a perfect running 2003 MSX 140 silver and blue soon for $2600.00. A 97 MINT XP with new fresh engine, welded crank,pistons, bores, seals,rebuilt pump, (new seat) $2100.00, I have a cream puff 97 SLT 700 boat one owner garage kept not even a ding,original engine has 3hrs., 1500.00. thanks; I have more to come soon

What kind of Cream Puff you should stop going to the Donut shop so much

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UnityRacing View Post
    Im thinking of picking up an 03 MSX 140. Owner says it started running rough at the end of last season, and had a shop tell him he needed a new fuel pump. Sounds like the pressure regulator to me, wich would be an awesome no $$ fix.
    Whole ski appears to be in above average condition, very well cared for. Comes on a Triton aluminum trailer, and OEM Polaris cover. Titles for both.
    He said $2300.

It sounds like a good price to me so long as it starts. I would probably do a compression test before buying it.

What are MSX 140's going for these days?
    I am considering buying it and riding untill my Virage is done being built, then swapping trailers and selling it. Or I might keep it, but I would be dipping into savings to buy it - not something I like to do.

FWIW - The price started at $2800. The way I see it, the trailer is worth at least a solid $500, maybe a little more.
    $2300.00 for both is a Ok deal Iíd do it for 1800 - 2000.00 the way its running unless your trying to steal it.
    But before you buy it do the normal check out.
    Compression test, look at the Jet Pump, bottom of the hull Ext

Yes your right the Trailer is 500 all day long if itís a single if itís a Double your Golden and a OEM Cover to boot.

What is the hours on it???? 100 hours is getting up there for a 2stroke keep that in mind.

If you going to work on it your self you can do it for fairly cheap

But Remember Buyer beware!!!!

Well im not sure about the hours...
    I talked him down as far as he would go. $2300.
    He was asking $2750

I did however get offered to buy a Virage 800i today with a triton alu trailer for $1200. I did see this one in person, and its a cream puff. Not even a scratch on the bottom, never been beached. Spent the entire time on a lift. There are some 'bubbles' in the footwell area from standing water, but thats it. I think he said around 60 hours.
    I'm told last season it started running funny and wouldn't idle right after comming off throttle or after startup. He said some ho-hum place checked it out, and it has 140/150 compression, good reeds, and good fuel pressure, but not sure what the problem is. Owner claims he changed the TPS a year prior to the issue. I'm thinking TPS, or spark plugs personally. His battery was dead so we couldn't start it. Could also be the battery was failing (I have read that here before also).
    He has the OEM cover, both titles, service manual, digital wrench software and cable (but no unlock code).

This might just be the ticket for a second ski. I'm about to do some more searching and reading up...

BTW - I offered $1k hemming and hawing... and he wasn't sure if he wanted to let it go for $1200 - said he might part it out.

Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    Here in the states, that's what we use Kelly blue book for
    Thats such a crock of poopie! When have you ever bought or sold anything for KBB value?
    I try to always look to craigslist and ebay to get a good idea of STREET VALUE - in other words what people are actually paying.
    KBB says my GTO is worth $17500 but everyone here is paying $13000ish - thats pretty far off.

Quote Originally Posted by UnityRacing View Post
    Thats such a crock of poopie! When have you ever bought or sold anything for KBB value?
    I try to always look to craigslist and ebay to get a good idea of STREET VALUE - in other words what people are actually paying.
    KBB says my GTO is worth $17500 but everyone here is paying $13000ish - thats pretty far off.
    I have sold many vehicles/motorcycles for KBB value.

Of course, the economy isn't good right now, so mostly everything is selling for "trade in value".

According to KBB, the 03 MSX 140 books for $2300 in trade in value, which is what the seller is asking. If he could get it for $2000 I think it would be a good deal.

Unhappy

Hello
    I have a Polaris 2003 msx 140

When I first move the operation and there is strong vibration and after an increase in speed, everything goes back normal

What is the problem I need help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information