Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Took out the pump and after I put it in ITS SLOWER

I took out my pump to chase after a vibration and see if there is something wrong with it. Here is that thread: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...00-5-000-RPM-s

I then put it back together and finally got to test ride it today and it's SLOWER than it was before. Before, it went like 66-68mph on the speedo and now it goes like 57-60mph. The first runs have been on a lake and today's ride was on a river. I checked and there's nothing in the pump like a stick and it doesn't give me any impression that it's cavitating. Is there something that I could've done wrong? Maybe my problem is something else like the supercharger? I've checked the oil level and it appears to be at the perfect level. My friend has two F12x honda's bone stock and I can't really pull on them and he actually beat me the 1st time we raced today. And I am 99.9999% certain they are stock.

+1
    If you had something in your pump, it may have scarred the wear ring. A minimal clearance increase from blade to ring would cause a loss in speed. Did you notice any scratches, gouges, or indentions when it was apart? It not, pull it again and look. Check the edges on your impeller as well. They shouldn't have any nicks or dings.
    On the other hand, are you still turning 8000-8100rpm at 57-60mph? If you're turning less rpm, you may have other issues.

+1
    Is everything tight??Did you put the bearing in straight?Pump seal on???Impeller blades are all true??steering nozzle straight nad tight??OPAS on,adjusted right and not dragging??I would definatly check the OPAS first...

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    If you had something in your pump, it may have scarred the wear ring. A minimal clearance increase from blade to ring would cause a loss in speed. Did you notice any scratches, gouges, or indentions when it was apart? It not, pull it again and look. Check the edges on your impeller as well. They shouldn't have any nicks or dings.
    On the other hand, are you still turning 8000-8100rpm at 57-60mph? If you're turning less rpm, you may have other issues.
    When I had it apart there was some scratches in the wear ring but the clearance anywhere on it was 0.08 which is damn tight. The impeller blades looked fine. I'm now turning like 7,900 RPM now.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Is everything tight??Did you put the bearing in straight?Pump seal on???Impeller blades are all true??steering nozzle straight nad tight??OPAS on,adjusted right and not dragging??I would definatly check the OPAS first...
    I never took apart the pump I just took it off so I could get a good look at the front side of the impeller and then I put it back on. The steering nozzle seems to have a fair amount of slop in it and it always has since I got it. I never adjusted anything on that just removed the steering cable bolt and then put it back in. On the OPAS, all I did was remove the bolts on the side of the aluminum cross bar and then I put them back in. Is there an adjustment there?

+1
    The manual says the clearance should be 0.014in. The rental model allows more, which is 0.032in. A new wear ring wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    The manual says the clearance should be 0.014in. The rental model allows more, which is 0.032in. A new wear ring wouldn't hurt.
    I should have specified, I meant 0.08mm. The manual specifies that you can have up to 0.35mm clearance so I'm a long way from there.

Could the opas actually scrub off nearly 8mph? The thing just doesn't seem to have the power like I remember when I rode it the first few times

+1
    You unbolted the trim rod to gain access to remove the pump. Did you re-assemble it exactly the way you took it apart? I ask because mine would run that speed and turn less rpm with the trim down, nose stuck in the water. Maybe your trim rod is stuck down for some reason. Good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    Could the opas actually scrub off nearly 8mph? The thing just doesn't seem to have the power like I remember when I rode it the first few times
    Drop them OPAS paddles down in the water and hell ya it will kill 8 MPH easy...

+1
    You said you unbolted the opas from the aluminum cross bar. That wouldn't lower the paddles. Check to make sure they're still in the up position. They should be an inch or so from the top. If they're lower, Snoman's right, they're like anchors!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information