Thread: My new VXR hull

+1

My new VXR hull

Ok, so I feel like such a dumbass it makes me sick to my stomach... I took my new VXR out last weekend with the family on a nearby river with lots of sandbars we hung out at. After about the first hour, I thought to myself, "man... I wonder if that sand is f#%! up my hull... " It was fairly pure sand, and I didn't have an anchor. I had no choice really other than to leave it beached until we left. I got it home and sure enough, pretty good scratches and scuffs on the hull through the clear coat and some were into the paint that made grey/white marks. Is there any way to fix this? Of course, it has the Nanoxcel hull. I'm buying an anchor before I take it out again for sure.

Well, riding it up onto the beach, and "pulling" it up onto the beach are two different things. Assuming it was not a rock strewn beach I wouldn't worrry about it. I would not "ride" up onto a beach not knowing what elements are on the beach . . . the bigger problem maybe be sucking rocks / other crap into the pump. If the beach is just sand and you pull the nose onto the sandbar you should be ok. It's been said many times and it bears repeating again here, "if it's your boat, it's your responsibility" . . . If this is a family boat, then teach the family B 4 you get to the water! JB

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Just dont look at it!

+1
    100% normal

+1
    you now have handeling grooves....totally custom ! wont hurt anything

Now your ski is broke in... now go enjoy it.

This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 8upwitHDs View Post
    Now your ski is broke in... now go enjoy it.
    +1.. you gotta learn to live with it man.. lol i never beached my ski or hit anything but yet i still got scratches on my hull.. its black.. its not gonna stay black lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytunk View Post
    Ok, so I feel like such a dumbass it makes me sick to my stomach... I took my new VXR out last weekend with the family on a nearby river with lots of sandbars we hung out at. After about the first hour, I thought to myself, "man... I wonder if that sand is f#%! up my hull... " It was fairly pure sand, and I didn't have an anchor. I had no choice really other than to leave it beached until we left. I got it home and sure enough, pretty good scratches and scuffs on the hull through the clear coat and some were into the paint that made grey/white marks. Is there any way to fix this? Of course, it has the Nanoxcel hull. I'm buying an anchor before I take it out again for sure.
    know you can have the hull "trued" and maybe sanded.........
    mine has touched sand on the keel but not enough to leave any marks....
    there are plenty of scratches and marks from the bunks when launching in shallow water........

+1
    Hey thanks guys. I'm a waverunner noob (obviously).

Look at it this way, Monkeytunk...if it doesn't have a scratch, it's probably sitting in the garage. Scratches will happen!

Here's an alternative to an anchor, and what I use because it works well, it's cheap, light and it doesn't take up much space. A simple corkscrew-type ground auger, 2 bucks at Tractor Supply. A twin eye boat fender and two short sections of rope at either end with spring clips. I auger it down in knee to waist-high water and leave it with the bumper hooked up as a floating marker....I just make sure the rope is short enough to where anyone walking around will know it's anchored right below and not stub a toe...just a thought.

Thread Information