New Ski and Trailer!!!... Couple of questions

After a long search, some shady people, and a few missed opportunities, I found another ski! It's a bone stock 2006 GP1300R with 33 hours. It needs a little cosmetic work done to it, but nothing too extreme. I'm planning on leaving it stock this season (except for d-plate, that is already ordered through Jerry) and modding over the winter. Any mod suggestions? Obviously PPK, Grate, and tunnel reinforcement. Thinking of going with a Solas 14/20 while I have everything apart to seal the shoe... Sound right?

The water spots are killing me! I need to get a new chamois!!!

Not sure what happened to the spacers on the handlebars, but they're only $2 a piece so no biggie.

Now for anyone that has a Triton trailer... I just got a new one (the dealer didn't give me a manual. Don't know if this is normal or not) and it's very different from the Yacht Club I had.

I tried lining up the end of the bunks with the end of the ski, but they seemed way too far forward. I just adjusted them by sight but I'm still not sure. I guess the best way to do it is trial and error? Just adjust the skis until 10% of the total weight is on the tongue.

This is how they sit now. I adjusted the cranks since the picture was taken too.

Also, I'm not sure about the tie down locations in the rear. It seems like every way I put the strap, it puts awkward pressure on the ride plate. How do you guys put your straps? Pictures would be greatly appreciated!

+1
    Love the black ski!

Thanks

Like I said, it is not perfect, but I'll have it looking awesome in no time

The most important part is that it is mechanically in great condition. The motor fires up faster than I can release the button and it sounds and feels awesome. Compression was good at 121, 120, 120 (MAG, CEN, PTO respectively).

Congrads! 2 spare skis Nice! So when r u going up the river?

Nice Virage! Looks just like mine! It's it stock or modified at all? Looks just stock.

I've had a Triton like yours for 10 years - great trailer. Mine GPR's look like they sit probably 6" up from yours, flush with the back on the bunks and my bunks look a little longer (I've redone mine since new though.) My straps don't hit the ride plate because they go straight down and hook to the support for the bunk. The front edge of the wench support is 8" out from the bracket.

The trailer is very solid and tows very well. It is very wide though!

+1
    Congrats on the new ski, check my build thread out that is in my sig to give you some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I've had a Triton like yours for 10 years - great trailer. Mine GPR's look like they sit probably 6" up from yours, flush with the back on the bunks and my bunks look a little longer (I've redone mine since new though.) My straps don't hit the ride plate because they go straight down and hook to the support for the bunk. The front edge of the wench support is 8" out from the bracket.

The trailer is very solid and tows very well. It is very wide though!
    Yeah, I'm loving the new trailer so far. Here is what happened to my old trailer that made me finally get a new one...

It wasn't like that when I put it away at the end of the last season. Had some surface rust, but that was all. No idea how it happened, but I've been waiting for an excuse to get a nice aluminum trailer anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Congrats on the new ski, check my build thread out that is in my sig to give you some ideas.
    Thanks man Just read through your entire thread, that is one nice looking ski!!

Thread Information