15f Meter assembly

Is there anything else besides the meter assembly which would cause the ski to not go above 5k rpm?...want to know before I spend the $ on another new meter since i already changed it 2 years ago when the display completly died. This time the display seems to be working fine, displays FPO. ski just doesnt go above 5k and sounds like it hits the limiter when approaching 6k...sounds like SLO mode..any thoughts? thanks

Andy L

You are right that your meter is causing that "always SLO" mode problem . There is a way to fix that but that will make your ski to run "always FPO" mode. If that's OK with you, find a wire in the harness that goes to the #4 pin of the ECU, then using a piece of scrap wire, ground it. Meaning connect it to the engine casing or to the (-) terminal of the battery.
    Last edited by meangreenman; 07-13-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Yeah I dont need SLO mode, thanks ill try that...Do you happen to know which color wire that is? ...cant find my wiring diagram

If you remove the ECU and look into the connector side, you will see some numbers (1, 24, 48, etc) and will be able figure out which wire is the #4 wire. I will try to find out what color it might be as well and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Do you happen to know which color wire that is? ...cant find my wiring diagram
    OK, I found it.
    On the service manual's page 14-14, it is the Yellow/Blue wire that needs to be grounded (it goes to #4 pin of the ECU). Let me know if this fixes or not.

Thread Information