Cool Caloosahatchee River Run this weekend 7/17/11

River run this weekend. Starting in Ft. Myers, FL and running about 25 miles up river...that's 50 round trip for you mathmaticians. Nice fresh water run.

+1
    If you plan on going past the Franklin Lock call ahead and get the schedule. I know at certain times of the year this lock only opens at scheduled intervals. In May we ran from N. Ft. Myers all the way to Roland Martin Marina in Clewiston at the Lake. When we came to the lock the lockmaster said they only opened this lock at 7a, 1p, and 7p. We had to go back to the ramp and dump back in behind this lock. Ortona and Moorehaven locks don't have any restrictions.

+1
    I called about 4 weeks ago & was told they are now only opening twice daily at 9a/4p. It may have changed again with the recent rains though.

“Navigation locks on the Okeechobee Waterway, which includes the Caloosahatchee River and St. Lucie Canal, are operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Information for those navigation locks may be obtained by calling the South Florida Operations Office at 863-983-8101.”
    http://www.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/por...akeo_locks.pdf
    Last edited by mjh3ides; 07-16-2011 at 07:10 PM.

cool thanks guys....

broad... where are you launching from, what time... and which way are you heading ?
    i ride that area every weekend, but from your attached image, (assuming you had your launch site on it) is too small to view any details...
    and.. last time I checked, they were still only opening twice daily... and they were being stubborn about it, rain or no rain.
    i was planning on sunday dropping in at the lock itself and heading up towards the yaght club, but if your heading the other direction, i may drop in at the yaght or at rosen park...
    more info more info !!!

broad... where are you launching from, what time... and which way are you heading ?
    i ride that area every weekend, but from your attached image, (assuming you had your launch site on it) is too small to view any details...
    and.. last time I checked, they were still only opening twice daily... and they were being stubborn about it, rain or no rain.
    i was planning on sunday dropping in at the lock itself and heading up towards the yaght club, but if your heading the other direction, i may drop in at the yaght or at rosen park...
    more info more info !!!

well, here I go with a triple post.. but the other ones were an accident...
    any update ?
    launch point... time ? direction ?

Thread Information