Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

pulling motor? how to?

i have looked and cannot find a "how to" on pulling the motor. Is there one that someone know of? just want to see what im getting myself into. thanks

+1
    Pull the pipe and 4 motor mounts.

Have a engine hoist or be the incredible hulk.

A Yamaha tech can have motor on bench in 12 mins. So you should be able to do it in 1 hr. Way faster next time.

Yeah its nothing. me and my friend did it in 2 hours without even glancing at a manual. We were 16 years old and did it by ourselves we lifted it out by ourselves to. Just take ure time and think things through. From what i remember, Gas lines, throttle, choke, battery ground, oil line, exhaust manifold, Airbox and im sure theres more..
    Last edited by ReDevilRXP; 12-12-2006 at 09:08 PM.

+1
    try here. http://www.sbtontheweb.com/pdfs/y1200pv.pdf

this should be very close to the efi.

+1
    thanks, I thought I read something awhile back about shims on the motor mounts?? are there? also When reconecting the oil line do you need to do anything special or just hook em up?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    thanks, I thought I read something awhile back about shims on the motor mounts?? are there? also When reconecting the oil line do you need to do anything special or just hook em up?
    Shims are between the mounts and engine feet. Just mark the shims so they go back in the same spot. On installation, check your manual on coupler spacing.

Oil pump has a bleed screw... right side of front pipe mount on little crome bracket. Crack open the screw that is vertical.

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

Thumbs up

Use creativity... I have yet to own an engine hoist. I use my surroundings, hehehe... When I pulled the 800 out of my GP it took me about 40 minutes. I took the trailer & placed it under a FAT tree branch in my grandparent's backyard. I used the straps I have to tie down the ski to the trailer & threw both of them over the branch, hooked them to the engine & began clicking away. Another effective method that I used when pulling a 1200 cc engine from my friend's YAMAHA boat, we placed 2 ladders, one on each side of the boat, bought a 12 foot 4x4 wooden pole & placed it from ladder to ladder. Put the strap over the pole & VOILA!!! Start clicking away on the straps & the engine was out in no time. Those straps are very strong but we use emergency rope just in case. So far, the straps have proven to be very effective as long as you use both at the same time. Good luck dude.

+1
    Creativity and Innovation is necessary to do whatever it takes to SAVE THAT BACK !

Your back has to last you a lifetime !

smart thinking PWCManiac to improvise

Quote Originally Posted by PWCManiac View Post
    Use creativity... I have yet to own an engine hoist. I use my surroundings, hehehe... When I pulled the 800 out of my GP it took me about 40 minutes. I took the trailer & placed it under a FAT tree branch in my grandparent's backyard. I used the straps I have to tie down the ski to the trailer & threw both of them over the branch, hooked them to the engine & began clicking away. Another effective method that I used when pulling a 1200 cc engine from my friend's YAMAHA boat, we placed 2 ladders, one on each side of the boat, bought a 12 foot 4x4 wooden pole & placed it from ladder to ladder. Put the strap over the pole & VOILA!!! Start clicking away on the straps & the engine was out in no time. Those straps are very strong but we use emergency rope just in case. So far, the straps have proven to be very effective as long as you use both at the same time. Good luck dude.
    Last edited by RX951; 12-13-2006 at 10:45 AM.

+1
    I use an engine hoist. (luckily I own one)

You can go rent one for the day so you dont hurt yourself.

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar
    Trust me my friend... I would pull out the 760 out of my GP race ski about once every 2 months to work on it & to adjust minor details or to replace gaskets & that engine I would carry myself being that it was a small 760 & even then I would feel like roadkill the next morning & for some reason, it's not the pulling out that i had a problem with. It's the putting it back in the engine bay carefully that would drive me insane. It's easier to pull it up than to slowly put it back down with your bare arms. It's that bottom end that weighs a ton. Becarefull dude. You want to make your mechanical experience a good one. Not a painful one. Then you'll just hate working on these skis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information