Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 rxp 215 blown lower end help?!!?

So as the title states I took my 2007 rxp 215 (26 hours) out this weekend and ended up blowing the lower end of the engine. I was able to start it and idle with it blown but the dealer said he was unable to do so and quoted me at around $4500 to $5,000 to replace and fix the motor. The engine was running good up until then oil was recently changed before it happened. Does that price seem right? Any options I got?

+1
    did it throw a rod ? its hard to miss that if you started it and it idled chances are your rods are still together. you could almost buy another ski for that price wow

Yeah that's what I was thinking. When I started it. It sounded awful obviously. Not actually sure how bad it is, but I can't c spending that much on a new motor

+1
    did you notice a hole in the block or a bunch of oil in the hull ? may have spun a bearing. if so you can rebuild it for under 1000 bucks

26 hours?!?!?! I sure hope this is the exception rather than the norm, might have gone a different way than my 2011 seadoo if so. Looks like i'll be extending the warranty at the end of the term.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
    26 hours?!?!?! I sure hope this is the exception rather than the norm, might have gone a different way than my 2011 seadoo if so. Looks like i'll be extending the warranty at the end of the term.
    If you have a supercharged doo and a chance to buy a warranty do it.

Maybe its a spun bearing. I didn't think an engine could start if it was blown? They told me I blew the lower end up and I need a new engine. If that's the case where is the best place to get an engine? I'm not to fimilair with jetski engines. It doesn't have a warrenty becaus e I am the second owner. I have full insurance coverage but I don't think they cover that

+1
    Im sure your insurance covers sinking..
    Quote Originally Posted by rearviewneons View Post
    Maybe its a spun bearing. I didn't think an engine could start if it was blown? They told me I blew the lower end up and I need a new engine. If that's the case where is the best place to get an engine? I'm not to fimilair with jetski engines. It doesn't have a warrenty becaus e I am the second owner. I have full insurance coverage but I don't think they cover that

Quote Originally Posted by rearviewneons View Post
    It doesn't have a warrenty becaus e I am the second owner. I have full insurance coverage but I don't think they cover that
    Aren't BRP warranties transferable?

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    That they do, and this only happened after he hit a rock pile...... just sayin'

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    lol.... my rebuild consists of full gasket kit, Rebuilt head by erik, Machined block,cp 9.5 pistons one new rod,all new bearings, fly wheel,arp headbolts,rod bolts,oil screen,camshaft chain, cover, 2,500.00 my cost on my ski you can do it about the same with fluids oh and my labor not included

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information