Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Towing behind a boat?

    All my other seadoo's were closed loop, so towing behind a boat was a no-no (without clamping the inlet water hose). I bought a 2011... with closed loop can i tow behind a boat? Is the exhaust still cooled by raw water?


  2. #2
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    clamp or dont tow very dangerous I will only get towed or tow a ski if proper measure of clamping are done ask me how I know

  3. #3
    NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    858
    +1
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    if proper measure of clamping are done
    'Splain

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    clamp or dont tow very dangerous I will only get towed or tow a ski if proper measure of clamping are done ask me how I know
    Ha ha. Im not going to tow it often. We go to the islands with my boat/jet ski every weekend. Its about 5 miles out. Usually my girlfriend will ride it out and i'll drive my boat. Im just thinking if im ever with someone who i dont trust, I could tow it to the island.

    Back in the day it was easy.... clamp the hose with the red stripe/tape and tow away. Looks like i'll have to trace the exhaust cooling system because i dont remember seeing an inlet hose when i looked into the compartment briefly.

  5. #5
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
    Ha ha. Im not going to tow it often. We go to the islands with my boat/jet ski every weekend. Its about 5 miles out. Usually my girlfriend will ride it out and i'll drive my boat. Im just thinking if im ever with someone who i dont trust, I could tow it to the island.

    Back in the day it was easy.... clamp the hose with the red stripe/tape and tow away. Looks like i'll have to trace the exhaust cooling system because i dont remember seeing an inlet hose when i looked into the compartment briefly.
    Same with closed loop. You just need to stop the water from backing up into the system.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy89 View Post
    'Splain
    Making sure the water inlet hose is clamped correctly. On the older ski's it was the one coming out the back with red tape/stripe. I'd assume on the closed loop cooling system its for exhaust cooling.

  7. #7
    XDAILY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    N. Wildwood
    Posts
    616
    +1
    29
    This procedure was in the manual that came with the one I bought.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by XDAILY View Post
    This procedure was in the manual that came with the one I bought.
    That is weird. My 2011 manual under towing behind a boat lists "If towing the boat in water, never exceed 15mph".

    Yours actually has the procedure for clamping off the hose? I can figure it out myself, just curious why they stopped putting it in there.

  9. #9
    XDAILY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    N. Wildwood
    Posts
    616
    +1
    29
    If I remember correctly it said do not exceed 5mph unless you clamp the hose and then it laid out the procedure.

  10. #10
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,004
    +1
    163
    you need to clamp the water IN line. thats the one , looking at it from the back, is the one on the left.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXT 255is, towing behind boat
    By Coasty in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 06:59 PM
  2. Towing an ultra 250 behind a boat
    By GDM in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 01:29 PM
  3. Towing behind boat
    By ctd461 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 09:26 AM
  4. what to do if I need to tow my ski behind a boat
    By sleeper_dave in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 12:55 PM
  5. Towing behind boat...
    By WaveJumper52 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •