+1

New R&D Tial 50mm Surge Protector Kit for SHO/FZ

R&D/TIAL 50mm SURGE PROTECTOR KIT SHO/FZ/FZR

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1813

larger image
    $399.95

R&D announces the release of the new R&D/Tial 50mm Surge Protector Kit. R&D has been committed to on going research for any part that proves to be an aid in reducing the inherent and well known clutch issues related to running high performance boost wheels and high boost pressures in the Yamaha 1.8 Supercharged engine. R&D has noticed a significant reduction in clutch related issues in high boost ranges by ???Going Big???. R&D engineers have concluded through endurance testing that the new 50mm R&D/Tial Valve with its huge 50mm lightweight billet aluminum piston, and 6 massive (bigger than any other valve) pressure relief ports, to outperform the smaller (25-35mm) HKS Sequential, and 35mm Greddy RZ Valves. The trick R&D has found with this valve is, in aggressive off throttle situations with a gear driven supercharger the big Tial 50mm piston responds quickly to allow the reduction of boost pressure which relieves back pressure that can affect the clutch. The new 50mm design also has a much larger diaphragm over HKS and Greddy, which helps the piston react quicker to relieve pressure. If you are running Boost Wheels that produce over 15 pounds of boost, R&D strongly suggests looking into a larger valve setup. It only stands to reason that with higher boost pressures, a larger valve can allow quicker discharge of air volume. Valve kit comes complete with R&D high temp silicone hose, Tial 50mm valve, billet Aluminum V-clamp, banjo style vacuum fitting, and ????? vacuum line. Aggressive throttle response, increased horsepower from a better seal Increased boost pressures over smaller valves that don???t seal well Improved valve action with larger diaphragm and variable spring control Improved clutch performance from reduced off throttle back pressures Precision sequential valve operation Installs easy and clean to the O.E.M. intercooler inlet/outlet Works well on R&D Pro Series Intercoolers

+1
    What will I need to mount this BOV to my Powercooler ???

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    What will I need to mount this BOV to my Powercooler ???
    Probably one giant PITA Snap ring Looks like a nice piece but the last thing I will do to the ski is remove the BOV off of my Riva IC. I think I'd rather pull the motor.

+1
    I doubt that the opening on the Riva IC is much bigger than 35 to 40 mm, so this could not be snapped on the IC and would not be a big enough opening to do any good. You would probably have to cut out the flange and weld something else in there, if that is even possible.

Otherwise, you could probably cut the hard tube off the IC and put that rubber hose on there instead. The only issue is that you would not have flanged section on the tube you cutoff, so there would be a possibility of the hose popping off under pressure.

+1
    I guess I need to find the sarcasm icon I agree, I don't see how that would fit on the Riva IC, but the BOV looks like a nice piece.

+1
    Hahaha. I was answering Waterholics questions, not yours. However, I totally appreciate your sarcasm as we've all been through trying to get that damn HKS mounted on the cooler. You would think that Riva would have chosen a new o-ring by now. It took me a week to find the original one in the hull after it pop off within the first 5 minutes (not that I was really looking for it), so I used anther o-ring that I had in my parts collection that was slightly less thick and it was a piece of cake to put on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    Hahaha. I was answering Waterholics questions, not yours. However, I totally appreciate your sarcasm as we've all been through trying to get that damn HKS mounted on the cooler. You would think that Riva would have chosen a new o-ring by now. It took me a week to find the original one in the hull after it pop off within the first 5 minutes (not that I was really looking for it), so I used anther o-ring that I had in my parts collection that was slightly less thick and it was a piece of cake to put on.
    Ha, yeah I figured you were providing better input anyway than me I also had the BOV blow off within 2 mins of testing the ski out. I was lucky to fish out the ring from under the ski.

I just wish Riva would sell their IC with the BOV either welded on or already attached. Or like you said, find a different ring that F'n works.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
    but the BOV looks like a nice piece.
    Very nice piece! It's the same one I run on my boosted Vette. You should hear that thing WOOOOOSH after letting out 19 psi boost at 7000 RPM

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Very nice piece! It's the same one I run on my boosted Vette. You should hear that thing WOOOOOSH after letting out 19 psi boost at 7000 RPM
    Is that animal running 8.50s yet?

I hear you.It took me and two other people to be able to get that damn snap ring in.What a joke Riva.

Thread Information