Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo Speedster 200 charging two batteries

Since the Seadoo Speedster 200 has twin engines does it have double the charging output of the single engine skis/boats? I want to add a battery for amp, but don't want to use battery combiner if I will shorten the life of the stator/rectifier

Thank you, Clark

I can't answer the question regarding twice the charging capacity however i can offer this advice. On my last boat ( 2008 230 wake ) i ran a second battery and then used a battery isolator so that the stereo only drew power from the extra battery so i would never run into a boat not starting issue. I was drawing a lot of power. Alpine 4x100 digital amp and JL 500/1 to run a 12w6 sub. I chagred the second battery directly every two outings. The charging system was set up so that it would give some charge to the battery running the stereo however not much.
    Probably really depends on the draw from your amps regarding the amount of current etc.

According to the SeaDoo brochure all the boats have a 30amp generator. That includes the single and twin boats. 30 amps is not a lot at all.....

Thanks Frankenboost. I'm planning on mounting a deep cycle battery in the bow storage to power the amp. I may try it first with just one battery, add a second if needed. I'm thinking of just charging the batteries at home if they'll power the stereo long enough. That way I won't wear out the boat charging system.

+1
    There is room for a second battery in the engine compartment on the opposite side from the factory one

How would you install it though? Can you just use one inch screws and screw into the hull?

+1
    Get a battery tray from Overtons or you local marine supply store and bolt it to the hull

Yea I see what your saying. looks like a flat spot for a battery but when you say bolt it in can i use like 1 inch stainless screws and screw it in? It wont mess up anything in the hull? Thanks I appreciate your help!

+1
    That or rivets, there is an internal liner and then the outer hull

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    That or rivets, there is an internal liner and then the outer hull
    THANKS! I did not know that!

+1
    So I have come across a possibility to fix the problem with these boats and running a large stereo...

I have a guy who can make a larger capacity stator and regulator rectifier. He can add up to 40 percent more power. The parts would be relatively cheap, but the job is very labor intensive since the engines realistically need to come out and have the PTO housing taken off to replace the stator...

Is there anyone who would be interested in this????

Need to get a feel for this before I have any parts made.......Are there any other sport boat forums out there to see if anyone is interested in this???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information