Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Waiting for winter ARCTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    171

    Please look at my supercharger washers

    I took the S/C off because of this thread. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-wheel-by-hand
    I think they look fine. What do you think? 2008 RXT 68hrs. They are the Stainless ones right?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	washers end view.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	245438
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	washers side view.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	245436
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	washers side view.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	245436
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	washers close.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	245437  


  2. #2
    WBoulton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    doylestown PA, sea isle city, nj
    Posts
    569
    +1
    1
    their 08 and up factory washers, your good to go.

  3. #3
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    I took the S/C off because of this thread. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-wheel-by-hand
    I think they look fine. What do you think? 2008 RXT 68hrs. They are the Stainless ones right?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	washers end view.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	245438
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	washers side view.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	245436
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	washers side view.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	245436
    Looks fine but you should check the slip while you have it out.

  4. #4
    If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dallas/Waxahachie
    Posts
    2,340
    +1
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    their 08 and up factory washers, your good to go.
    +1

  5. #5
    Michigan sn-95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hamilton MI
    Posts
    734
    +1
    32
    Judging by the amount of compression on your spring washers, I'm willing to bet your slip is fine. "don't get me wrong....you should def. check it while it's out, but I bet it is good". It all looks close to new.

  6. #6
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    Judging by the amount of compression on your spring washers, I'm willing to bet your slip is fine. "don't get me wrong....you should def. check it while it's out, but I bet it is good". It all looks close to new.
    I agree but still wouldnt reinstall without checking and making necassary adjustment to get by until rebuild time. I bet the slip is currently around 8 ft lbs. I would bring it back up to 10-11 and run it until rebuild time.

  7. #7
    Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    391
    +1
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I agree but still wouldnt reinstall without checking and making necassary adjustment to get by until rebuild time. I bet the slip is currently around 8 ft lbs. I would bring it back up to 10-11 and run it until rebuild time.
    +1, or its like before and its your pump or opas acting up. you sure that rubber pump seal was flush?

  8. #8
    Waiting for winter ARCTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Looks fine but you should check the slip while you have it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    Judging by the amount of compression on your spring washers, I'm willing to bet your slip is fine. "don't get me wrong....you should def. check it while it's out, but I bet it is good". It all looks close to new.
    How do you hold the supercharger from spinning when you check the slip? The service manual says to check it counterclockwise but if I do that and hold it with the nut, it will back the nut off? It says to do it on the motor and use a locking tool on the motor. I don't have one and am not going to tear into the motor also. I assume the nut on the intake side is left handed and I can see the nut on the gear side is right handed.

    I have no idea how to adjust the slip.

  9. #9
    Waiting for winter ARCTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by sHALlow View Post
    +1, or its like before and its your pump or opas acting up. you sure that rubber pump seal was flush?
    No, I'm not sure. I will tear it apart after I get the S/C back on.

  10. #10
    Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    391
    +1
    27

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vtec or anyone take a look at my log please!
    By scantone in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-23-2014, 09:04 AM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 08:56 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 09:15 PM
  4. Take a look at my valves please.
    By RXP rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 09:58 AM
  5. look at my pistons(efi guru's)
    By txgp1300r in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •