+1

I need help with BUDS - 2010 RXT-X260

I've been trying to get a Riva Speed Control Override Module working for a month. I can't go into sport mode with the motor off. I've been to the dealer twice, they say their BUDS is 3.0.3.5 and my software is up to date. I've talked with Riva many times. No one knows for sure why I can't get it to work. I even sent the SCOM back to Riva and they checked that is was OK. The general consensus is that my software is not up to date. My dealer isn't very good so I think this is the problem. I've seen some posts that say I need a "cluster only" update. My dealer doesn't know what that means. I need to bring them directions on what to do.
    Can anyone give me a BUDS procedure on how to do a "cluster only" update if that’s what I need or some way to force a update even if the BUDS says I don’t need it. (or any other ideas)
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by immred; 07-12-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: left out word

+1
    The tech plugged my ski up to BUDS and was prompted to perform an update 3.0.3.5, I believe buds did specify it was a cluster update.

Other than not being to start in sport mode with the engine off, does the module perform as it should speed wise?

Try another dealer

+1
    Are sure you got all the installation steps correct? All pins/bus bar is making contact. I would TRIPLE check! Make sure to follow directions NOT the pictures.

+1
    I saw the above BUDS screen and the program ran. BUDS sees the SCOM, it lists "4" interfaces at the bottom of the BUDS screen.
    I'm sure the install is right, I build electronic systems for a living. I have 12VDC on pin 6 when the ski wakes up.
    I don't see any top speed difference on the water. I think it's because I'm at the 8040 rpm limiter. I just purchased a 15/22r prop and R&D grate I hope to install Friday. If I'm still GPS limited I've wasted my money. There is another Coleman Power Sports in the area but they're the ones that install the wrong washers in my 2005 SC. I'll have to look around for another dealer. I was hoping someone could provide a step by step procedure that I could go back to the dealer with.

+1
    Sorry I can't help you with the update. I took it to my dealer - told then to update to 3.0.3.5
    Worked fine. I will say that after the SCOM and with my stock impeller/grate the best I saw was 71mph.

Thread Information