250x circulation problem

ski im working with is an 07 250x with 94 hours. i noticed around 90 hours that i was getting little to no pee water. what i mean by that is at idle i have none and at wot i have little like as in drops. and here is what i have done with the same results. removed intercooler and flushed (no derbis) removed exhaust manifold all the way to the head and flushed (no derbis) line that goes to primary water box (packed full of sand) removed and flushed out. however on my ski i have a straight pipe so there is no waterbox if that means anything. i took all the other cooling lines off and blew through them with little to no restriction. so could this be a water pump issue? if so is that the housing in front of the d/s coupler on the crank side? also i have never had a temp lite. and i also blew through the line to the main pisser and it was also clear of derbis. so i am rather stumped. probly somthin obvious and im going to feel like a ja when its solved but i am really not all that familiar with the cooling system as i should be. im open to any trial ideas. thanks jay.

+1
    i posted more than 12months ago about the cylinder to waterbox drain hose blocking with sand (good find as i know there will be others out there) there is no water pump/however your jet pump does do this (check whilst on the hose that water runs back through the pump filter, looking from the rear into the pump water should be running out all the small holes) and also straight down from the hull outside above the pump if that makes sense also left hand side of pump is another outlet, if you have know high temp warning you dont have a cooling issue, however if you have done alot of ocean riding the cooling system could be growing some nice sized crystals blocking the flow. the pisser hoses are a bit tempermental the hole to flow from the manifold is very small, i find if the front of my ski is raised and the hose water pressure is low it doesnt flow at all.
    if you have good hose pressure and water flows freely out those cavities you have nothing to worry about.

good call bud, i did not know exactly the function of the small holes. i will hook up to a hose tomarrow and post my findings. oh and its never been in salt water, should of posted what conditions i ride in my bad.

ok hooked er up to a hose. excellent water flow out of exhaust, excellent out of the small holes in the top of jet housing pointing down, and excellent flow out of the larger hole pointing down onto jet pump exiting through the hull. so we know that all of my returns are good. howabout the pickup, you said there was a filter in/on it or somthing? is it servicable/cleanable/replacable? and where is it located?im guessing that the main pickup is from looking in the pump from the back/exit the hose on the lower right side that has holes in the pump housing wich water is pushed through by the pump? and also the two larger brass nipples facing down and back are the venturi's for the bilge pumps correct? sorry for so many questions will get back on and check later on.

+1
    yes you are correct, what you just done is back flushed the system, if it flowed as you say there is nothing wrong. the filter is those holes in the top and side of the pump housing which the junction block is fitted too no element as such just small holes. you can remove it to put your mind at rest but from where im seated all seems fine to me

Thread Information