Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Straight pipe pros and cons

Hey guys I am thinking of doing a straight pipe on my 07 250x and was just wondering what the pros and cons are of doing it. Also does anyone make one? thanks guys

i have one on my ski and like yours is a 07 250x. pros sounds like a mean crotch rocket, out of hole performance is increased, no watter in a waterbox sitting all the time to condensate then rust on your exhaust valves. cons- my girlfriend wears earplugs because its obnoxious and it sounds like crap at cruising speed of 30-35 as in cackely and burbely. but really isnt too loud at wot actually. and as for getting one i know rrated at least used to make them i called 6 times this spring asking to buy one and they said they would have to make some and never heard a word back. so i just made my own, its made of all 316 food grade stainless steel and is made it the right way. there are cheaper ways to do it. im a pipefitter/welder so it wasnt too hard for me to do but for the average joe without a tigwelder could be tricky.

+1
    cons very loud, pros loud=faster doesnt it lol really i wouldnt bother unless you have done some serious internal mods.

i did mine just because i had the riva free flow and felt it made no sound difference and wanted it to be loud. i like mine and definetly get alot of attention. some good some bad. but you can bet it sure makes them sea doo boys think twice before i paddle em.

+1
    I have had all sorts of exhausts including a straight pipe, and it is very loud, sounds cool for the first ride then it just hurts after that. Its no good for social riding as it will anoy the p**s out of your friends. Gives a little more bottom end, but not a lot, the riva system or custome built one to the same design is the go. Remember even a race day has a db limit, and some clubs may not let you race.

+1
    dave your so full of shit with those sigs. who are you trying to impress, you have no grass in your hood lol

+1
    Hey I go alright for an old bloke....

my sig is super super awesome....

+1
    so waz tells us lol

Quote Originally Posted by JET250 View Post
    Hey I go alright for an old bloke....

my sig is super super awesome....

Three words come to mind: Rude, Obnoxious, and Ridiculous. A friend of mine had one on his 250 a few years back; he caught the attention of alot of people . . . especially the Harbor Patrol. I could not believe how loud the frikkin thing was! Even if there were performance gains realized from doing this (which there are not); it is something no one should do for obvious reasons.

oh come on, its loud but its not that loud. havent you ever seen the bumper sticker if its too loud your too old?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information