Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

260LX Turbo Isnt Kicking in?

hey everybody im new to the forum, but im worried because i just got my 260 out from winterization and last year the turbo kicked in strong and got up to 70mph with no problem, it seems now that it only gets to 45.... its gps proven as theres one on the handle bars. i can get you guys the wot speed and rpms tommorw but im worried that somthing is wrong

+1
    should be a supercharer, what does your boost guage say, probably a loose or oily belt, might need new plugs too.

+1
    think hes one of those euros that call anything blown a turbo at those speeds it is sure to be running like shit also

not a euro lol but i am hispanic! ill be out today and get the speeds and the rpms at wot. after that ill replace the plugs and see if that helps. Thanks!
    EDIT: ok guys i took it out today and numbers are at wot : rpms 6986,speed 52(gps proven), running about 12 psi of boost. this is pathedic to what it did last season. and i forgot to mentoin that the mechanic did mess with the boost when i got it out of winterization. do you guys know how to turn up the boost?

Quote Originally Posted by DJBL3ND View Post
    rpms 6986,speed 52(gps proven), running about 12 psi of boost.
    those 3 numbers don't make a sense.

Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    those 3 numbers don't make a sense.
    it is what it is man, idk its really making me mad. i want to go 70 again!

+1
    take it back to your mechanic that originally messed with it, dont know how he messed with the boost as its not adjustable we cant guess what he has done

just dropped it off at him about an 3 hours ago and got it back, there was a fuel problem, bilge pump wasnt going on automaticlly (so extra weight i guees) and plugs were wet and not working to par. got new plugs, r&d fuel thing, solas 16/21 impropeller and new riva ride plates, riva sponsons, and straight exhaust, bought the parts ahead of time and he put them in for me free of charge since he messed me up for the first part of the season. ill get the numbers tommorw and let you know how the first run goes!

i have 2k more to spend on this badboy, any ideas???

+1
    mmm, you dont need the r&d fuel thing, search for pulley kits on here that will be your next step. but you will shorten the sc life. you should spend you coin on double bearing and nut mod for the pump and the double ic feed setup. the rest you have is good for a flat water setup for speed runs. maybe get the r&d flat filter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information