Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2000 Seadoo xp No Start

Alright just rebuilt top end put new crank in the motor and put her back together today. Connected everything and go to start her up, nothing. I just cleaned the fuel filter so that bowl was empty when I started. After a few cranks the fuel bowl was full again, but still no start. Poured a little premix down each carb body and it started, run for a few seconds and sputtered out on me. I know it will run with some fuel, so what should I check first for fuel starvation? Thanks guys!!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    I would re check your fuel lines....sounds like you have the return hooked up to the main feed.

+1
    Main line is 8mm and return line is 6mm on 951 carbs. So that's pretty much impossible to switch

+1
    When did the ski last run prior to top end rebuild? Did you go through the carbs recently?

On the safe side - check the lanyard.earlier this summer my ski would idle/run for a couple of seconds then die(like fuel starvation).
    Ended up the lanyard end started to go a little oval - and contacts were intermittent. A little squeeze and hasn't happen again (knock on wood). After 11 years - things like this are bound to happen.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    I would re check your fuel lines....sounds like you have the return hooked up to the main feed.
    +1

Fuel line coming from the filter hooked into the larger nipple that faces straight down, return line connected to the nipple that is bent at a 90 on the side of the carb, and the pulse connected to the nipple that points straight towards the front of the ski. Almost positive those are the correct hookups. I have not run the ski since 2009, carbs were also gone through, diaphrams/gaskets replaced in 09'. Since the carbs were able to pull gas and fill the filter bowl it would seem that they should be delivering fuel just fine, maybe a clogged jet? It would have to be in both carbs though since neither will fire right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by explude View Post
    Fuel line coming from the filter hooked into the larger nipple that faces straight down, return line connected to the nipple that is bent at a 90 on the side of the carb, and the pulse connected to the nipple that points straight towards the front of the ski. Almost positive those are the correct hookups. I have not run the ski since 2009, carbs were also gone through, diaphrams/gaskets replaced in 09'. Since the carbs were able to pull gas and fill the filter bowl it would seem that they should be delivering fuel just fine, maybe a clogged jet? It would have to be in both carbs though since neither will fire right?
    There's your problem

The pulse line is the one that 90 degrees downward and the return is the one that points to the front of the boat. It has the y fitting. Change them around and you'll be fine.

Nice! So the return line should go to that nipple that is connected to both carbs via T fitting, and the pulse should be connected to the 90 nipple that is only connected to the mag carb?

+1
    Correct. Only one carb has the fuel pump on the Doos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information