Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fzr nose dip

+1

Fzr nose dip

Hi guys i am looking about on gett a yamaha fzr, i used to have a gp1300r and its used to nose dive alot does the fzr nose dive ???? i have seen a couple of you tube movies when guys a crusing on flat and there nose goes under a little?? is there anyway to fix that from happening

+1
    Don't know but look into the new 2012 seadoo rxpx.....

+1
    dont like it mate to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by gtile04 View Post
    Hi guys i am looking about on gett a yamaha fzr, i used to have a gp1300r and its used to nose dive alot does the fzr nose dive ???? i have seen a couple of you tube movies when guys a crusing on flat and there nose goes under a little?? is there anyway to fix that from happening
    Depends at what speed, on my SHO water does go under just a little but not much that's when I am no wake mode..water does not enter in storage compartment.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    I've honestly never had that problem with this ski. could it maybe happen with the stock grate on? I know my XLT nose dived when you decelerated untill I installed the R&D grate.

+1
    Also i notice the hulls crack im not into wave jumping just trying to see which one to get the fzr or the 300x

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gtile04 View Post
    Hi guys i am looking about on gett a yamaha fzr, i used to have a gp1300r and its used to nose dive alot does the fzr nose dive ???? i have seen a couple of you tube movies when guys a crusing on flat and there nose goes under a little?? is there anyway to fix that from happening.... Also i notice the hulls crack im not into wave jumping just trying to see which one to get the fzr or the 300x
    Actually it's the Ultras noses that tend to get water over the hood, typically they tend to plow through waves instead of on top; they also have a strange penchant for leaning to the side. The Yamaha design makes for one of, if not the highest and dryest skis on the water. Ours do not "nose dive" as you describe. You can make the bow lower or higher using the trim system. We saw a few cracked hulls reported on here in previous years but not many; I suspect some of those were cases of big wave jumping; a.k.a. owner abuse per the manual.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Actually it's the Ultras noses that tend to get water over the hood, typically they tend to plow through waves instead of on top; they also have a strange penchant for leaning to the side. The Yamaha design makes for one of, if not the highest and dryest skis on the water. Ours do not "nose dive" as you describe. You can make the bow lower or higher using the trim system. We saw a few cracked hulls reported on here in previous years but not many; I suspect some of those were cases of big wave jumping; a.k.a. owner abuse per the manual.
    +1 the fzr doesn't nose dive. Any ski will appear to do this when decelerating from top speed. There have also only been 4 cracked hulls on the fzr/s here on GH, I've kept a tally. probably a fluke or rider abuse IMO. The fzr/s is great for wave jumping though, I do it all the time. But I'm smart about it, I'm never more than 5-8 feet out of the water.

I'll chime in to agree-
    In the couple years or so that I've had mine, my FZS has never had any issues with "nose diving". As YoYammi said it has adjustable trim as well. Never had the buck issue either but I changed the grate a week after I bought it so don't know if I would have been a victim otherwise.

my fx will dip the nose under water at very slow speeds (<5 mph) if I have a full tank of gas and stand up....sitting down nose does not go under and anything less than 3/4 tank no nose under and anything more than no wake mode nose never under not even when decelerating.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information