Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2004 Sea Doo GTX Wake edition fuel consumption

Hi,

I've tried to search everywhere and I can't seem to be able to find any information on fuel consumption.

I have a 04 GTX wake edition with the 155hp 4 Tec engine and I'd like to know what is the fuel consumption (liters per hour) at full throttle.

Also, what is the optimum cruising RPM to get maximum mileage out of the 60 liter tank?

I'm thinking of doing some cruising and was wondering if it is at all possible to do 70 to 80 Nautical miles on the 60 liter tank.

Thanks for your help.

I can't seam to find the wake edition but I did find it for my 2002 GTX 4-tec on the seadoo website.

+1
    I can get 53 nautical miles on my GTX S/C, you should be able to significantly better but really depends on your riding style.

Thanks for the replies guys. I managed to find a site listing all the various years of different Sea Doo model's fuel consumption. It's only based on full throttle figures for a 2004 155hp 4 Tec GTX but I assume it is basically the same as the wake edition.

Fuel usage at WOT is 11.4GPH (43.2LPH)
    1.39 hours of running time
    Estimated top speed of 60MPH (52 Knots)
    Range of 84 miles (72NM)

Does this look about right to you guys? If the 60 liter tank can get 72NM at WOT then I should have no problems doing a 70 to 80NM round trip cruise at lower RPMs.

What do you think?

+1
    I agree with the 80 mile range. On the 255 S/C model you can do 75ish when taking it easy.

+1
    I'm not sure why you would use less fuel at WOT vs cruising...It is 15.9 gallons no matter how you use it.

The 185 hp skis top speed is 61/62. I didn't think the Naturally Aspirated (155 hp) skis would be that close to the SC units.

Keep searching and compare your new findings to your first research.

I think I remember getting 80ish when cruising when the AFRs are optimal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I'm not sure why you would use less fuel at WOT vs cruising...It is 15.9 gallons no matter how you use it.

The 185 hp skis top speed is 61/62. I didn't think the Naturally Aspirated (155 hp) skis would be that close to the SC units.

Keep searching and compare your new findings to your first research.

I think I remember getting 80ish when cruising when the AFRs are optimal.
    You use more fuel at wot than cruising the same way you have to breathe harder to sprint compared to walking. More energy is required! It's not a linear progression. It takes more energy to move the craft through the water and the air, not counting the pump pressures or engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    You use more fuel at wot than cruising the same way you have to breathe harder to sprint compared to walking. More energy is required! It's not a linear progression. It takes more energy to move the craft through the water and the air, not counting the pump pressures or engine.
    I agree Moth, BUT...If I'm not mistaken, the 4-tec's use a 15.9 gallon fuel tank. Hell! I just looked again...He posted GPH, and not the tank volume. ...AND it calculates. lol. Clears my confusion.

My speed question of a N/A vs a SC unit still stands, which would effect distance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    +1 if your always on the gas your fuel wont last long. it takes more fuel at wot on boost or not then just cruising. that goes for any internal combustion engine.

Thanks for the further replies.

I've been searching everywhere and although there's not too much detailed info on fuel consumption on jet skis, I'm starting to see that 70 to 80 nautical miles on the 60 liter tank is possible with cruising RPMs on the 155hp engines.

I wanted to check with you guys to see if anyone has done some long range cruising. I don't want to figure out there's not enough fuel to make it back home out in the middle of no where. I'm in Thailand so there's no Coast Guard that I can call up for help.

Do continue to chip in if you have further details.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information