Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Manual trim setups

The vts circuit went bad in my ski at the end of last season. Since then I have been riding it without using the VTS....

Instead of fixing the electronic trim I would like to come up with some type of manual cable/lever system. I want to fix the trim in the middle position, but have the option to pull it up on the fly. Has anyone here put together any type of system like this? I am picturing a lever that has a springs to hold it to the adjusted position with a cable hooked up to a handlebar brake...

Anyone have some input?

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    would be cheaper and less painful to replace the trim module,but there is a quick trim setup for the nozzles and i think there hydrolic.

Ya, I am not worried about the time taken to put the thing in....I cant imagine it costing a great deal to put something like this together? This is the second 96 XP I have owned that has had trim problems and I would rather just do away with the electronics..... But I got the thing for $500 so I do not want to put much cash into it.

I was looking at using something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWER...Q5fAccessories

I should be able to adjust on the fly with something of this sort?

just switch to the yamaha trim system, it fits cables and all. or aftermarket finger trim system. I have the old red top design that im thinking about recreating and fixing the problems that caused them to fail. thing is if its worth the cost wether a cheaper cable system being reproduced or a more expensive hydraulic system.

Is there a link to an example of the yamaha system you could post?

I would like to see that as well

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slociviccoupe View Post
    just switch to the yamaha trim system, it fits cables and all. or aftermarket finger trim system. I have the old red top design that im thinking about recreating and fixing the problems that caused them to fail. thing is if its worth the cost wether a cheaper cable system being reproduced or a more expensive hydraulic system.
    ive played with the trim system on my friends 01 gpr.. holly garbage batman.. give me my electronic vts anyday..

you can convert the yamaha grip trim system to a lever style dump nozzle, riva or r&d used to make a conversion but its since then be discontinued. you could convert the yamaha one yourself with a dirtbike aluminum clutch lever or a umi trim lever, then use all yamaha cables and just put a spring on the side where one cable used to be to pull the nozzle up. then the other cable would go to lever on handlebars so when you pull lever nozzle dumps down.

taking a poll, well sorta. how many people would be interested in a dump nozzle system and what type?

cable type, less expensive

or hydraulic nicer, easier, more expensive?

as stated before i have an old red top cable manual trim setup and have drawn it in cad and it could be recreated and machined to be reproduced. with changes made like seals and a grease fitting to keep it from seizing up like this one did.
    the baker units are still being produced but @ around 500$ thats a little steep. and right now they are having problems sourcing the hydraulic cylinders.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information