Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010 RXT-X 260 (RIVA Stage 1 Racing Kit Performance)

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum but wanted to get some feedback from others. My wife and I bought 2 2010 RXT-X 260 last year. Out of the box one has been a great machine while the other a pain. I've owned several boats and have come to expect problems in the first few months of ownership. I recently put a RIVA stage 1 racing kit on mine and have been really dissappointed. Prior to the kit I could hold 67 mph on good water and after the kit it will touch 70 (for a second or two) drop to 69 (for 15 seconds) and then drop and hold 68. Just got back from Lake Ouachita and was able to run it pegged for miles on perfect water and the same trend over and over. Would touch 70 but drop to 68 and hold. After a $3K bill I expected better performance. Has anyone else had these issues.

Thanks for your help

Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by RDB19 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum but wanted to get some feedback from others. My wife and I bought 2 2010 RXT-X 260 last year. Out of the box one has been a great machine while the other a pain. I've owned several boats and have come to expect problems in the first few months of ownership. I recently put a RIVA stage 1 racing kit on mine and have been really dissappointed. Prior to the kit I could hold 67 mph on good water and after the kit it will touch 70 (for a second or two) drop to 69 (for 15 seconds) and then drop and hold 68. Just got back from Lake Ouachita and was able to run it pegged for miles on perfect water and the same trend over and over. Would touch 70 but drop to 68 and hold. After a $3K bill I expected better performance. Has anyone else had these issues.

Thanks for your help

Ricky
    How are you trimming? Also, I would never hold it WOT for miles. Especially a new ski.

YES! You should read my post! I didn't drop 3k but I am feeling the same pain. Installed the Module, prop (repitched and modded) and grate and haven't seen any gains in the speed dept (on the speedo) I got the same speeds showing BEFORE all the parts were installed! BTW how does yours start in sport mode? I am not even sure if the module is working properly!

+1
    you realize you can't trust the speedos on these things and you need a gps right?

I realize that , but unless the gps speedo that Seadoo uses stops at 70, why would I see not see any gains? Regardless of increases, would i not see the speedo move up to say 73 74 or 75 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Urwheelman View Post
    YES! You should read my post! I didn't drop 3k but I am feeling the same pain. Installed the Module, prop (repitched and modded) and grate and haven't seen any gains in the speed dept (on the speedo) I got the same speeds showing BEFORE all the parts were installed! BTW how does yours start in sport mode? I am not even sure if the module is working properly!
    Easy way to tell if the module is working it to hit start button to wake ski up, put key on, get two beeps, then hold set button until you get entering sport mode, hit set again, then start ski. If you can do all this and ski is in sport when you start then module is working

Macgyver,

What does your speedo read as a max speed? I see you have a few more add-ons than me but does yours go over 70 on the dash??

Yeah I'm reading higher then 70

What speeds are you reaching on your Speedo and gps?

+1
    one simple answer for the OP: GPS

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information