MoRe NeW ToYs FrOm PoLaRiS

Now polaris is the proud new owner of Indian motorcycles

Saving the Manuals every day.. TheBlueMartin's Avatar
    +1
    On April 19th, 2011, Off-road and leisure vehicle maker and parent-company of Victory motorcycles, Polaris Industries Inc. announced that it is acquiring Indian Motorcycle
    Wow, Victory and Indian under the same roof. That sucks, bet they'll just load the Indians with cheap parts but keep the price way up, in a Toyota/Lexus fashion.

+1
    wow really? Wonder how HD will handle this?

Well from all I know about dealers, They say that it is much better to be multi lined than single lined. You attract more customers and give them things to compare to . Indian is an old famous name that has come and gone a few times and still has a good following. Their will be interest in them, and we will see how the quality will be. Polaris probably got it cheap and this will keep someone else from buying it. Which would further dilute the market. Also combined with Victory which is making a name for itself on its owne should give it more integrity. The Polaris Victory has become a very nice bike and after market parts are increasing,I hope the don't back off it and make Indian their primary.

+1
    Hard to get excited about a brand who's bikes start at 25K

Makes the Victory look even better at 13,000.00

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by castaicsportsgarage View Post
    Well from all I know about dealers, They say that it is much better to be multi lined than single lined. You attract more customers and give them things to compare to . Indian is an old famous name that has come and gone a few times and still has a good following. Their will be interest in them, and we will see how the quality will be. Polaris probably got it cheap and this will keep someone else from buying it. Which would further dilute the market. Also combined with Victory which is making a name for itself on its owne should give it more integrity. The Polaris Victory has become a very nice bike and after market parts are increasing,I hope the don't back off it and make Indian their primary.
    I agree somewhat, however, many people don't like when companies get bought out ....there is always the worry that the company will "never be the same"

Let's hope so It's gone under every time

Thread Information