Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Heat Soak and Open loop

It was 100+ degrees here with probably 1000000% humidity. Basically walk outside and its hot as hell. I am running a conversion ski. I have the Supercharger air filter in the rear of the ski. Been running it like this all year long and now that its well into the 100s I was wondering about heat soak. I am running the open loop setup, x charger, external intercooler, 42's, Riva thermostat, Riva rrfpr, etc.
    Basically ski ran great at the beginning. Then after a couple of turns I went from 8100 rpms to 7700 rpms. I took the ski back to the boat ramp and pulled the ski out. I took the seat off and HOLY SHIT you could feel the heat coming out of the ski. I have never had that happen before and its never heat soaked that bad. Is anyone else having this issue right now?
    I ran the ski on the hose to check and see if there was any problems with water cooling and there weren't. I felt the tube coming from the supercharger to the intercooler and that was hot. The one coming out to the throttle body was warm. The lake water temp was in the 90's or at least it felt that way.
    I think I am going to go with the air filter in the front of the ski and I think I am going to go back to the 3" tube setup as I did not notice any difference between a 3" and 4".
    SHOOTER

+1
    Humidity will kill RPMs.

+1
    Just turn up the boost when it gets hot like i do All kidding aside if you can suck air from outside the ski somehow it will help

+1
    Okay, I'll bite. How you turn up the boost? Already have an x charger on this thing.
    Should the intercooler pipe from the charger to the intercooler be hot? Also, I felt the intercooler itself. I have it stand up on its side. From 3/4's down it was cool, but the top section was warm. I have the bleeder hole at the top of the cooler as well, should I plug that up?
    SHOOTER

+1
    Im not sure how much they help but I added a few flow rites to my ski in the rear. When It was cooler I was running 8980. Now that its 99 with a heat index of 106 Im only turning 8700. My engine temp never goes over 167 though,.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Humidity will kill RPMs.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Im not sure how much they help but I added a few flow rites to my ski in the rear. When It was cooler I was running 8980. Now that its 99 with a heat index of 106 Im only turning 8700. My engine temp never goes over 167 though,.
    +1 Flowrites will help get some of the hot air out. I run open loop also, and mine will spike after I shut it off to around 175 or so, but while running it never gets much more than 167, like Eric's. You may also have to get a summer prop.

+1
    TURBO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. How you turn up the boost? Already have an x charger on this thing.
    Should the intercooler pipe from the charger to the intercooler be hot? Also, I felt the intercooler itself. I have it stand up on its side. From 3/4's down it was cool, but the top section was warm. I have the bleeder hole at the top of the cooler as well, should I plug that up?
    SHOOTER

+1
    Have flow rites in the back of the seat, tons of air mods done to the ski. Last week I blew the hose off the jpipe to waterbox twice. I replaced with a new coupler and some sealant. Wondering if I messed up another hose, but inspected all of them and they seemed fine. The ski ran great the first 5 minutes, then after that it just was a dawg. I'll run it again tomorrow to see if the back flushing helped.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    Have flow rites in the back of the seat, tons of air mods done to the ski. Last week I blew the hose off the jpipe to waterbox twice. I replaced with a new coupler and some sealant. Wondering if I messed up another hose, but inspected all of them and they seemed fine. The ski ran great the first 5 minutes, then after that it just was a dawg. I'll run it again tomorrow to see if the back flushing helped.
    SHOOTER
    If it ran great for 5 minutes and then ran like crap you definitely got an issue somewhere. Also, when I pull my seat off with open loop its barely even warm.

Sound fuel pump issue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information