Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 boost level

+1

300 boost level

Has anyone confirmed the accuracy of the dash boost gauge with an actual gauge? With what seems to be all of us getting the same in relation to our mods I am guessing they are accurate. I am just wanting to know exactly where we are to determine how do we get the rest of the advertised boost level. I gues that level is at the rpms hitting the limiter which we are not close to getting to.

+1
    good call a creative use of words from kawasaki

Can't speak for the Ultra 300,but my 07 250 is dead on using a boost gauge with a MAP sensor. 11.7 at WOT and 12.4-6 just slight less than WOT.

I am confused by what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    > Has anyone confirmed the accuracy of the dash boost gauge with an actual gauge?
    Your above question sounds like you are having a doubt on the accuracy of the dash boost gauge, display issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    > I am just wanting to know exactly where we are to determine how do we get the rest of the advertised boost level.
    Your above statement sounds like the ski is not making the said boost level, the actual boost issue.

Which issue is your intended topic for the discussion, or is it both?

My ski is making about 12.5 - 13 psi at 7,900 rpms and right around 71-72 mph, what is everyone else getting on the Stock boost gauge ?

+1
    mine tops the gauge out

My RPM's and speed sound inline with what a lot of us are getting, but it sounds like my boost is low at ~13 psi...... I checked all clamps and hoses, everything is nice and tight. Wondering if I should do the stock BOV mod. or just block it off ? Any problems associated with just blocking it off ?

+1
    its a 5min job to wind the spring tension up a little and you can just leave it be, the reason we used the block offs on previous models was because they werent as easy to adjust

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    its a 5min job to wind the spring tension up a little and you can just leave it be, the reason we used the block offs on previous models was because they werent as easy to adjust
    Hey, thanks for the quick reply Nicjak, I was reading through old posts about adjusting the BOV and read the procedure on Skps site, You don't have to go through the heat gun procedure with the 300 ??? could you point me to a post or thread about how to adjust on the 300 ? Thanks Chris

+1
    Meangreen, I am looking for the two answers in relation to the same issue. I am currently getting the bar right at the 15 mark that has the angled top. I am asking yes for the accuracy of the gauge. Not actually a dash issue. Just as the fuel reads differently from what is actually in the tank, or the dash speedo is not the same as GPS. So my 2 part question presented in a different way is this.... Is the dash boost gauge accurate to actual boost and if not, what is the amount of difference so we can know our true amount of boost at the different readings on the dash. I will install a gauge to check this if it has not been done but if it has I would like to know to save myself the time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information