Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

about to pull the trigger on a 15f

going to LI kawi to make the deal tomorrow. gonna trade the 260 in, get hopefully 7k for it. i owe 8. also trading in a 2011 wr250x and will be getting at least 5300 for that which goes towards the new ski. SO mods are gonna be green 06 hood, fully peeled, shredmaster plate, worx grate and sponsons.

Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    going to LI kawi to make the deal tomorrow. gonna trade the 260 in, get hopefully 7k for it. i owe 8. also trading in a 2011 wr250x and will be getting at least 5300 for that which goes towards the new ski. SO mods are gonna be green 06 hood, fully peeled, shredmaster plate, worx grate and sponsons.
    You have shunned the VXR because _______ ?

+1
    from what i have read the 15f with the listed mods will be better in the rough. i mostly ride rough water (long island sound). also, the 15f is tried and true, and i know a few people who have them with tons of hours and no problems.

Tried and True boat that 15F is. (that's true; I had one). But it is very "slow" by today's standards. You seem like a "performance" kind of guy so i am a little concerned you will not be happy with the performance / top speed of the 15F. Yes you can mod up the 15F to make it faster. But in doing this you will be making the boat ride "higher" in the water which will worsen the handling characteristics for the kind of riding you will be doing. If you count the hours I have spent on my STX-R and 15F (same hulled boats), I have about 800 hours on this hull (I am not kidding). It is not a good rougher water hull. The VXR is worlds better (I have one of those too) . . .

All that said I do like the 15F for what it is, but it is a very dated hull by today's standards. Virtually all chop and swell "encounters" gets transmitted up through the handlebars then right to your arms. In smoother waters I still think the 15F has a place in this world. But how often di you get really smooth water? (not in Long Island sound you won't)

You can trust me: VXR! Look B 4 U leap! john.

+1
    so your happy with the vxr in the rough? how would you compare it to an ultra? i am SO used to riding my wave venture in the chop, im sure anything is going to be a step up. i only have 25 hours on my 260, and it was in the shop once for a while, so i only got to experience it a few times in the rough. how is the storage in the vxr vs the ultra? the way i look at it, either boat is an upgrade from the wave venture 1100, which i have over 100hrs on. i also used to ride a wave raider in the LI sound, but that SUCKED. also, are the yami hulls durable?

+1
    I'm with Belton on this one. I think you would be happier with the vxr. Neither of the 2 are going to please you in the rough. At least the vxr is fast and has a aftermarket following. I still think you should consider the 300 or rxtx260 is. Not to ruin your enthusiasm.

+1
    DEF not going supercharged. i am going to get whichever is going to be better in the rough. VXR or 15f. i know its not as good as an ultra but the ultra sat on the trailer most of last year while i was on my 96 wave venture with the back duct taped lol. so NO supercharger. i wish i had access to a vxr to ride, everyone is telling me the kawi is a better rough water hull. ugh decisions decisions.

Nothing is as good as the Ultra in the rough. The VXR will be alot better than 15F in the rough. The YAM Hulls are fine and measure up to any other pwc hull IMO. I would not do wild crazy jumps on ANY big 4 stroke pwc today . . . the stand ups will hold up much better.

Coming off an Ultra, the 15F is just going to be taking too big of a step backwards . . . . . again, IMO. I have an Ultra 260x right now, you know my history on the 15F, and I have a VXR. I am just having alot of fun on the VXR right now. If you feel pretty sure that you will be in calmer waters most of the time, then you "may" be happy on the 15F.

+1
    i hated the vxr felt way to small especially when your standing up if you are over 6ft forget it no adjustabilty anywhere but each to there own it has its place on flat water in my books couldnt keep it hooked up in the slightest chop it skips across the top.

+1
    i am 6'5. SO far im still leaning towards the 15f, just talked to a few of my boys and they are all saying 15f as well.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information