Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thru Hull exhast

Hey guys, new to the forum. Ive been a long time lurker. I always said my Doo was the only toy that I would never modify. Last year I let a buddy take my Doo for a spin and ended up ingesting a whole bunch of rocks. I had the pump and everything rebuilt with the riva stage one kit. Now i have the mod-bug and to making my Doo even faster. So now I have ordered the riva thur hull exhast and the OPAS block off plates because every mod pretty much requires these two mods to be done before i can do the next mods. My main question is how much of a pain is it to put the thru hull on and roughly how long would it take to do it? I am pretty capable at doing anything but if it only take 1-2hrs ill have the stealer do it and save my time and aggravation. But if its a long a teadious job i will do it myself instead of spending hundreds and hundreds of dolars on their labour rates.

im just in the middle ov doing mine but im makeing all my stuff at work to save me the money. up to now its been prety easy i would say the hardest part is getting the hole bang on where it needs to be. but i think with your kit you will have a template ? it should only take half a day really

+1
    I am installing the thru hall tommorow and hope I don't have to take off the vts like riva says in their instructions because I don't have the tool other than that shouldn't be to hard.

+1
    No need to remove the vts.....
    but you will need to cut the resonator to remove it....

+1
    Thru hull is quick and easy. No way it should take half a day.

Quote Originally Posted by rmk82nd View Post
    I am installing the thru hall tommorow and hope I don't have to take off the vts like riva says in their instructions because I don't have the tool other than that shouldn't be to hard.
    you can get it off with a large pair of pliers and patience..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rmk82nd View Post
    I had the same issue and someone on here gave me the cheap easy way around it (thanks!). Heat up a piece of PVC pipe until it is soft, push it over the nut and let it cool. The VTS retaining nut is not very tight and this will take it off just like a large plastic socket.

+1
    thru hull... 45mins flatttttt completed

you guys are making this sound really easy. the only real issue would be cutting the whole in the hull. now that will be a little hard to fix. are there any other special tools needed to put the exhaust on?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    you guys are making this sound really easy. the only real issue would be cutting the whole in the hull. now that will be a little hard to fix. are there any other special tools needed to put the exhaust on?

Long arms!

Do the template lay out, leave it alone for a day. Check it again, have a few beers and have at it. There are a number of good threads on here with details (run hole saw backwards, etc).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information