Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SLT fuel supply

SLT fuel supply

I've rebuilt a 700SLT and have got to the point where it will start and run with a bit of fuel in the carb , but soon drains the water separator filter allowing air into the system . There seems to be a problem from the tank to the separator. Any solutions, please.All hoses are intact and tight.
    Last edited by Kraf-T; 12-13-2006 at 09:57 AM. Reason: extra info

Banned User
    Check for collapsed hoses, a dirty fuel tube/hanger, and especially a bad fuel valve.

The HLMS (sp) shows the bowl on the downstream side of the valve, and the valve is usually the prime suspect.

+1
    So when you're priming the engine through the carbs and get it running it sucks fuel into the bowl, then slowly drains out?
    Or are you filling the bowl and it gets drained while it's running?
    I'm just a little confused as to how the fuel is getting into the water seperator (bowl)..
    Anyway if fuel gets drawn into the bowl it shows the system is intact from the pumps to the water seperator, if you're adding it to the bowl and it drains you have a loss from the seperator to the tank.
    If it were mine I'd replace ALL the fuel lines, fuel valve if equiped, the seal in the water seperator and check the tubes dropping into the tank. Make sure the bowl is tight when you screw it on.

The last thing you want on a rebuild is a lean running condition.

Good Morning craft.

SLT fuel supply

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    So when you're priming the engine through the carbs and get it running it sucks fuel into the bowl, then slowly drains out?
    Or are you filling the bowl and it gets drained while it's running?
    I'm just a little confused as to how the fuel is getting into the water seperator (bowl)..
    Anyway if fuel gets drawn into the bowl it shows the system is intact from the pumps to the water seperator, if you're adding it to the bowl and it drains you have a loss from the seperator to the tank.
    If it were mine I'd replace ALL the fuel lines, fuel valve if equiped, the seal in the water seperator and check the tubes dropping into the tank. Make sure the bowl is tight when you screw it on.

The last thing you want on a rebuild is a lean running condition.
    I filled the filter myself hoping it would prime the rest of the system but the problem is obviously between the tank and the filter somewhere. The ski was lying in the bush when I got it so who knows whats in there. I cleaned the tank and the filter and carbs were spotless so thought I was home free.As a precaution, I'm running premix.Also is 2 gal enough to cover the pickups if the ski is sitting nose-slightly up for draining.A previous ski I had was fitted with an outboard primer-bulb. Good idea or no? It didn't seem to affect that ski and helpedwhen it lost its prime thru lack of use.
    Thanks

You can bypass all the downhill items by sticking a hose into a fuel can (pre mix) and directly to the carbs to see if it will continue to run? otherwise I'd be looking at the condition of the Carbs and pulse lines? Z

SLT fuel supply

Thanks guys
    Took the valve off and all 3 fittings allow air thru even when swithed off9 better than blocked, I suppose) I guess its time to hook up the old outboard tank direct and see what happens. If that works , I suppose I could just bypass everything and run from the reserve pickup to the carbs thru an inline filter.It has a fuel guage .

SLT fuel supply

Thanks Zmann,ph20,4Stroker,wetherby. I hooked up the ouboard tank, starts runs, idles so if nothing else works, I'll be the guy with the backback and the tube running uder the seat.

Kraf-T and the Molotov cocktail Polaris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information