Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

compound bow owners post up

Been away from shooting for years and thinking about getting back into it. I really miss it.
    These are the 2 im looking at, any feedback, im out of the loop.
    PSE Dream Season EVO
    Mathews Z7 Xtreme

hey woody, I have a diamond black ice bow. they are really cheap right now last year was the last year for the black ice model and bass pro near me had one left for 150 bucks off. I have heard alot of good about the mathews bow, but basically either bow is going to be a good bow. I love bow hunting. Are you going to go with a pre packaged bow or just the bow and add all the accessories yourself.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    hey woody, I have a diamond black ice bow. they are really cheap right now last year was the last year for the black ice model and bass pro near me had one left for 150 bucks off. I have heard alot of good about the mathews bow, but basically either bow is going to be a good bow. I love bow hunting. Are you going to go with a pre packaged bow or just the bow and add all the accessories yourself.
    I went to 3 different places today and shot all the high -tech bows. The Mathews Z7 was awesome! Pretty light and was the quietest. I shot a Hoyt and PSE Omen and they PSE was heavy put shot well. Probably get the bow and do the add-ons myself.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    I went to 3 different places today and shot all the high -tech bows. The Mathews Z7 was awesome! Pretty light and was the quietest. I shot a Hoyt and PSE Omen and they PSE was heavy put shot well. Probably get the bow and do the add-ons myself.
    Another project to mod!!!!!

cool. yea the z7 has had great reviews. I have a hostage pro rest and i love it. then i have a 5 pin sight with sights set at 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 yards. quivers are kinda whatever fits the bow and matches the color lol. I have carbon express arrows, they are pretty nice. g5 striker broadheads. i like fixed broadheads over the expanding ones because I have heard horror stories of blades not expanding and just making a small hole and not getting the animal. hard case is basically a must when spending that much on a bow. I have a release for mine. and first i liked actually holding the string but after getting a release i love that. they put that string as well as the peep sight on for me at the store.

ooo go with the truglo fiberoptics vs battery powered sight. the battery powered can die in the middle of a hunt. the tru glo wont and they light up excellent at dusk. they draw in sun excellent and even if there is a little sun you can still see them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    ooo go with the truglo fiberoptics vs battery powered sight. the battery powered can die in the middle of a hunt. the tru glo wont and they light up excellent at dusk. they draw in sun excellent and even if there is a little sun you can still see them.
    Such a tough choice, the 2011' line is really good, even shot a Baer Carnage, very impressive! The Hoyt carbine Matrix shot real nice, might go shoot them again.

yea just go shoot them all again. basically any big name brand and their top bows u really cant go wrong. it just comes down to personal preference.

+1
    The PSE Omen Pro i shot was the fastest a 310 gram arrow at 360 fps 29" draw @67 lbs

+1
    This is the PSE Omen Pro (bow only)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	126 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	245665  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information