R&D Performer kit for 155hp NA Sea Doo

Hi all need your input again here. I have a 2004 Sea Doo GTX wake edition with the 4 Tec 155hp engine. I'm assuming everything in the R&D Performer kit would fit my ski?

From what I read, speed wise everything is gained on the top end. This is great but as I plan to do longer cruises, would this kit help to improve on my range or it would stay the same as a stock ski say around the 4,000 to 5,000rpm. What I don't want is to install the kit and although gaining top end speed I end up burning more fuel which reduces my cruising range.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HKT Boy View Post
    Hi all need your input again here. I have a 2004 Sea Doo GTX wake edition with the 4 Tec 155hp engine. I'm assuming everything in the R&D Performer kit would fit my ski?

From what I read, speed wise everything is gained on the top end. This is great but as I plan to do longer cruises, would this kit help to improve on my range or it would stay the same as a stock ski say around the 4,000 to 5,000rpm. What I don't want is to install the kit and although gaining top end speed I end up burning more fuel which reduces my cruising range.

Thanks.
    Looks like it is made for your ski. Unfortunately, more HP and speed usually equate into less MPG. You could add an intake and it might actually give you better cruise MPG. The other things in the kit would hurt your range... grate creates more drag, and it takes more effort to push a higher pitched impeller. Opas block off might help range too.

Thread Information