Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

R & D 300x ride plate + 2mph ???

They are claiming + 2 mph on the top, anybody install one on their 300 yet ? http://rd-performance.com/newProduct...i/ultra300.asp

I knowthe Riva plate on my 250 added the claimed 2 mph, but ruined te rough water handling.

I think R&D claimed 3mph on the 250X/260X plate and it was only good for maybe 1-2mph so if they claim 2mph with this plate you are probably lucky to get 1mph IMO. I'd be interested in hearing some reviews though.

Yeah, I know not to get my hopes up,,, i'm thinking my ski is 71-72 as is and the plate would get me oh so close to that magical number 75... Even with the trim on the 300, I still think it could get the nose out of the water a bit more for choppy conditions. The Riva plate on the 250 did exactly that. i'd like to hack up a 250 riva plate to work with the 300 speedo wheel and the speed by pass to see how she performs.

+1
    I am waiting on mine to come in. With the trim we should be able to control the lift of the bow but I definately feel we need to get the bow up more at full up trim. I wish riva would offer 2 plates, the old style and the new. I feel the old one would really help in the calm and the trim would correct the ride in the rough. This R&D plate seems it may do just that. We will see.

I only have experience with the Riva plate on the 250 and although it was a turd on anything but flat water for the 250, I think it would be PERFECT for the 300. As far as bow lift and trim, I was able to get my best speed with neutral to one notch above, that tells me getting the bow higher wont really help with speed, but I think it would add to a dryer more playful ride.

+1
    I was told by R&D that the plate was a month out

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    I only have experience with the Riva plate on the 250 and although it was a turd on anything but flat water for the 250, I think it would be PERFECT for the 300. As far as bow lift and trim, I was able to get my best speed with neutral to one notch above, that tells me getting the bow higher wont really help with speed, but I think it would add to a dryer more playful ride.
    If you look at how the ski is riding, the position of the ski is getting max thrust at that position. Trimming up more than that is changing the thrust to a less effecient position because the ski itself is not trimming anymore. get a passing picture of down, neutral, and up and you will see that the ski still has alot of hull in the water. changing or modifying the plate will allow more trim for the ski.
    This is just like having your trim tabs burried in the bow down position on a boat then trying to trim up the motor. Doesn't really do much. The position where the two are matched up you will get the best speed. With the statement you and others have made about the trim position just at or above neutral tells me that the ski has that much more it needs to be able to trim up to run efficiently with the trim of the thrust.
    Fint the degree difference between neutral trim and full up and that will tell us what angle we need the ride plate to be at to get the best efficiency from the thrust.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    If you look at how the ski is riding, the position of the ski is getting max thrust at that position. Trimming up more than that is changing the thrust to a less effecient position because the ski itself is not trimming anymore. get a passing picture of down, neutral, and up and you will see that the ski still has alot of hull in the water. changing or modifying the plate will allow more trim for the ski.
    This is just like having your trim tabs burried in the bow down position on a boat then trying to trim up the motor. Doesn't really do much. The position where the two are matched up you will get the best speed. With the statement you and others have made about the trim position just at or above neutral tells me that the ski has that much more it needs to be able to trim up to run efficiently with the trim of the thrust.
    Fint the degree difference between neutral trim and full up and that will tell us what angle we need the ride plate to be at to get the best efficiency from the thrust.
    I agree 100%, I have a 29 foot offshore performance boat, nice anology... Thats one thing I did like about the Riva plate on the 250, got the bow up and outta the water. I do notice that although the 300 has trim there is still a lot of hull in the water, and trimming it up or down doesn't do a whole heck of a lot. So is the only thing holding us back from trying a riva 250/260 plate on a 300 the speedo ?????????????

+1
    With what I do for a living I tend to use boats as my comparison. Trim is very importsnt. I actually have levels throughout the vessel so I can properly load and ballest her for max efficiency. Nothing like a 185' boat hitting 27/28 kts
    That I honestly do not know. I did get a block off with my riva plate and I had read about someone trying the older plate on the 300 but needing to mod it so I have not tried yet. I guess I could just slap one on and see what needs to be done to make it fit. I am also not sure if with the bypass module if we can actually not use the speed wheel or possibly just switch it back to the older location. Also it is very easy to make an adjustable trim rod or just modify the oem one to give a different trim angle but that can be another thread. The bottom line to this or any plate thread is we nave to get the ski to be able to have more of a trim angle without being too much where we can not use the trim to bring the bow down for rough water.

too bad there isn't someone from riva on this board to answer such questions......I was in 2.3 - 3 ft wind blown chop yesterday, trim at neutral, I gave a 80mph yamadoo and a 15f a 1/2 mile head start for a 6 mile race back to the ramp, I caught and passed them both in less than 2.5 miles, even slowing up 4 miles into it I had a huge lead over the doo and just destroyed the 15F. anyway, point is, neutral trim seems to be the least amount of trim I would ever need to use on this ski, so a plate that improves the bow angle like the riva plate did for the 250 sounds like it would be ideal, could keep the trim neutral to maximize thrust angle and let the plate handle the bow attitude. less hull in the water should = more speed...

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information