Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

oil pressure regulator 07 RXP

PTO cover on my 07 RXP replaced by dealer. They did not replace the oil pressure regulator. Ever since, ski runs like...... SH&^. After back and forth and a stubborn mechanic refusing to acknowledge the possibility of him overtightening the oil pressure reg, I am stuck. Ski runs in limp mode, with one loud beep ( no-stop) and the "OIL" code on. I believe it's throwing off P1520. When I brought the ski in for oiol leaking into hull, it was running 8180 all day long, with no issues at all. I've done some searching through these threads and found similar issues with the oil pressure regulator being the fix. I believe the mechanic @ Dealer did overtighten.

I've already replaced the oil pressure switch. AFrter calling dealer back ( 4 times?) they suddenly bring up "it could be your oil pump." The ski is getting oil pressure, as seen in pressure test.
    1. Anyone else have similar issues?
    2. How hard is this job to do?
    3. Once I get oil pressure regualator out, will it be easy to tell if mechanic screwed this up?
    4. DO you think I'd be wrong for asking for some credit back on labor hours? Should they pay for new regualator? Again, ski is now in limp mode. It was running perfect when i dropped it off for PTO cover and leaking boot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0060 View Post
    PTO cover on my 07 RXP replaced by dealer. They did not replace the oil pressure regulator. Ever since, ski runs like...... SH&^. After back and forth and a stubborn mechanic refusing to acknowledge the possibility of him overtightening the oil pressure reg, I am stuck. Ski runs in limp mode, with one loud beep ( no-stop) and the "OIL" code on. I believe it's throwing off P 1520. When I brought the ski in for oiol leaking into hull, it was running 8180 all day long, with no issues at all. I've done some searching through these threads and found similar issues with the oil pressure regulator being the fix. I believe the mechanic @ Dealer did overtighten.

I've already replaced the oil pressure switch. AFrter calling dealer back ( 4 times?) they suddenly bring up "it could be your oil pump." The ski is getting oil pressure, as seen in pressure test.
    3. Once I get oil pressure regualator out, will it be easy to tell if mechanic screwed this up?
    4. DO you think I'd be wrong for asking for some credit back on labor hours? Should they pay for new regualator? Again, ski is now in limp mode. It was running perfect when i dropped it off for PTO cover and leaking boot.

I would also like to know what the fix is for this. I'm having the Same P0520 issue, with a friends ski. It has new oil pressure switches, front and back, and has good oil pressure at the head. TOPS is working, tried another ECU with no change. Gonna try an engine harness first, then go into the motor to check press reg, and oil pumps.

Also checked the front screen, and was clear.

Anyone had this problem fixed ??

ours is on an 04' RXP

+1
    Why did you need a PTO cover ?

+1
    Cracked and leaking around the D-shaft seal that the dealer tried to silicone..
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Why did you need a PTO cover ?

+1
    PTO cover on my 07 RXP replaced by dealer. They did not replace the oil pressure regulator. Ever since, ski runs like...... SH&^. After back and forth and a stubborn mechanic refusing to acknowledge the possibility of him overtightening the oil pressure reg, I am stuck. Ski runs in limp mode, with one loud beep ( no-stop) and the "OIL" code on. I believe it's throwing off P1520. When I brought the ski in for oiol leaking into hull, it was running 8180 all day long, with no issues at all. I've done some searching through these threads and found similar issues with the oil pressure regulator being the fix. I believe the mechanic @ Dealer did overtighten.

i think its time to sell me the ski as is and get that X boat you want!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    I would also like to know what the fix is for this. I'm having the Same P 1520 issue, with a friends ski. It has new oil pressure switches, front and back, and has good oil pressure at the head. TOPS is working, tried another ECU with no change. Gonna try an engine harness first, then go into the motor to check press reg, and oil pumps.

Also checked the front screen, and was clear.

Anyone had this problem fixed ??

ours is on an 04' RXP
    make sure the front switch by the gas tank is clipped on the correct way. it can clipp on backwards the switch only has one pin in the connector, the metal clip needs to face the motor. i got the same code and it was because the plug was backwards, its a two space connetor with only one pin.

+1

that oil warning sounds like the pressure switch in the block under the intake manifold mine was doing the same thing. i pulled the wire out of the connector on accident removing the manifold. make sure your getting a good connection. you may have to take the wire out of the connector and flatten it some so it makes a good connection when plugged in. this worked for me no more oil warning.

+1
    His sensor is working as it should we verified low oil pressure with a gauge off the head. Idle around 5-6 psi should be 20-30.. rev it and the pressure would spike to 60 psi then back down to 6.. I bet the regulator cage is crushed causing it to bypass @ idle.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    If a dealer was paid to replace the pto cover due to a leak, and now it's not developing oil pressure....... why are they not taking care of it Definitely sounds like a pressure regulator issue, and that's simple enough to replace..... WHEN you finally get to it

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    If a dealer was paid to replace the pto cover due to a leak, and now it's not developing oil pressure....... why are they not taking care of it Definitely sounds like a pressure regulator issue, and that's simple enough to replace..... WHEN you finally get to it
    The mechanic is going out on surgery for 2 weeks! yes, 2 weeks. So for all you FL guys, thats a good chunk of the riding season, if you add up last week and the week before that ( part on backorder!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information