Rebuilt carbs, new fuel pump, still have a bog! What next?

My 1100 wave venture has rather suddenly developed a bog. I went ahead and rebuilt the carbs and replace the fuel pump, thinking that would solve the problem. It definitely runs better, but if you grab a big handful of throttle off idle, it will stall, and it often bogs at low rpm unless you really are careful in applying throttle. At high rpm it runs great. Any suggestions? Cold compression (on my gauge) is about 115 on all three cylinders, and that has not changed since I've had the ski. Any thoughts?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpt50 View Post
    My 1100 wave venture has rather suddenly developed a bog. I went ahead and rebuilt the carbs and replace the fuel pump, thinking that would solve the problem. It definitely runs better, but if you grab a big handful of throttle off idle, it will stall, and it often bogs at low rpm unless you really are careful in applying throttle. At high rpm it runs great. Any suggestions? Cold compression (on my gauge) is about 115 on all three cylinders, and that has not changed since I've had the ski. Any thoughts?
    have you replaced the old grey fuel lines? Many times they clog up and cause fuel delivery problems.

check your pop off and dial in your lows how many turns out now? also turn up your idle a little its set low from factory

When I redid the carbs I used new OEM needles and springs, but I did not check the pop off pressure. I have tried turning the idle up and it did not help. I have not replaced the fuel lines, so I guess I'll try that next. My plugs look kind of white (lean), but to be honest, I've never really paid much attention to this ski, as it always ran perfectly. I don't ever recall even looking at the plugs before, so I don't know if that has changed. Any other thoughts?

+1
    Did you check your pop off pressure as Mark suggested? Did you verify the actuator arms were flush with the valve body inside the carbs? This alters the "pop off" and are always wrong until you bend them to perfection....I'm guessing that and or you rebuilt them wrong =0(

M

Thread Information