Whats Best prop for Stage 1 kit on FZS?

Is solas 13/22r not the way to go? Getting ready to install one with the Riva stage 1 kit. Is the skat trak better? Somebody shoot me straight. thanks

+1
    that is not a bad choice I have used that prop and now I am running a 14/22 skat on a different ski. The 13/22R is a good place to start but most props need a little tweaking to find the sweet spot, I would look in the classifieds for a used one try it out then tweak as needed or use the mony you saved and send it off to get fined tuned

Repitch 13/22r?

Why would Riva recommend the 13/22r on a stage 1 kit if I have to have it repitched? Why did you go with the skat trak? Dont wanna pull prop over and over, ya know.

+1
    put on a 22r and ride it.....runs about 72ish all day long ...were running stage 1 on a 2010 fzs with 22r and it is a great running ski...the stage one kit is really a good bang for the buck mod.

+1
    Hands down a pitched skat 13/20 for stage 1 with stock ECU and SC. Here's some write ups I have done about it...

Stock Prop and pitch: the ski was on the rev limiter with the stock prop. Not too hard but there was a noticeable popping sound from the rev limiter kicking in and also I could see my rpms going down on the TT. Top speed was 69.8 and after that I only could get to 69.0 so it might have been a spike. The prop would cavitate slightly from a dead stop, about 2 spins before it hooked up. My buddy has a bone stock 2009 fzr which I would race and I had him by a solid ski length out of the hole and then I would pull away on top end ever so slightly. If I had to rate the stock prop on a scale of 1-10 (10 being perfect) I would give it a 6. Top speed really wasn't impressive with the limiter kicking me down but the acceleration was still very strong.

Skat 13/23: Top speed was 71.3 today with consistent runs at 71. There is absolutely zero cavitation out of the hole. There might be SLIGHTLY too much leading edge but its pretty damn close to perfect. Rpms are down to 7420+/- 10 at WOT (with the engine nice and heat soaked) So by getting the rpms up to 7700 I can see hitting 73. I did a bunch of runs with both seats off and my rpms came up to 7520 +/- 10... that is a 100rpm increase So a little cooling goes a long way! When I raced my buddy today I had him by about the same off the line but on the top end I was much faster. If I had to rate the skat prop I would give it a 8. Very good top end and good take off.

Conclusion: Skat 13/23 hands down wins. Take off has no cavitation and top end is way better. I did measure the skat and its a true 14/22. Once I get the skat dialed in, it should be around 73

13/20 repitch: Just got back from the water after repitch from 13/23 (true 13/22) to a 13/20. I picked up exactly 200rpms with the seats on I didn't break my top speed though, but thats ok. I ran consistent 72s all day in 85* air and 70* water. I'm now at 7630 with the seats on at WOT and 7710 with the seats off at WOT. I was running 73+ all day with the seats off.

My best gain was that my plate doesn't seem to bounce as much anymore with the added RPMs. It makes sense that more hp (rpm) is lifting the ski more now so the bouncing has subsided a bit. This is probably why guys like Yoyamaha don't say they have much bouncing with the VX plate, it's because they still have the stock prop and are probably touching the limiter.

As for shims, I plan to try 1 on each side on the back and see what that gets me. Thanks for the advice Chad

I also had no weird vibrations or anything from the repitch which mean I (probably) got it right.

+1
    double post.

+1
    I had a re pitched stock prop and ran 70.8 all day. I switched to a 13/22r and speed is around 68.8-69.1. Not a happy camper.

Hi thanks for your info .......... you tested this on a lake or ocean ?

+1
    fyi per the above posts : always check your prop in a pitch guage to verify... http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...op-bending-101 this is a good post on props....some where on the forum is a printable pdf that you can print on clear plastic sheet and use as a prop guage..youll need to look for this...hope this helps....fyi the 22r worked perfect on the fzs , i guess we got a good one.......(I run the skat on my stage 2 ski)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcapone View Post
    I had a re pitched stock prop and ran 70.8 all day. I switched to a 13/22r and speed is around 68.8-69.1. Not a happy camper.
    I have said this over 100 times in pm's people have sent me-------Read this post http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...mods-there-ski GET YOUR RPM'S CORRECT!!!!!!!!!! You can change props all day till you match your prop pitch to your target rpms you skii wii NOT preform a good as it can. Tommy Jordan

Thread Information