Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Who is running 73mph or more with their 300X?

Who is running 73mph or more with their almost stock 300X? If so, what speed are you running and what mods are you using?

He's one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawikwt View Post
    i made a custom pulley and tested it today.it made 19-20psi

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Who is running 73mph or more with their almost stock 300X? If so, what speed are you running and what mods are you using?
    Waz (sirbreaksalot) http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.ph...hilit=waz+300x

+1
    some are there i suppose you need to define almost stock?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    74.7mph sitting on the seat leaning forward !!
    With over 1/2 a tank of fuel , yes I have done over 75mph
    But fuel level was low and that don't count if you ask me !!!

Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Just buy one already!!!!!

Ed only has one left and I believe Virgil is down to one also

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eric1238 View Post
    Just buy one already!!!!!

Ed only has one left and I believe Virgil is down to one also
    There is lot’s of 300Xs out there for sale. They are not moving like you would think. Probably because of the high gas prices. Virgil has not sold a single 300X! I want to sell my 260X and buy a 300X… but it hasn’t sold yet (someone make me an offer I can’t refuse!)

David was up at the lake on Thursday with his RXT and we ran all over the lake. His ski really flies! It runs right around 80mph and it runs 8,500rpms with me on the back! Unfortunately, my GTX took on water again... Oh sh*t! David got to ride my Kawai 260X. When he came back to the dock he had a big smile on his face and said, "That thing is baaad a****! Goes through the slop like crazy and flies! There isn't too many Kawais that are going to get by you. I wouldn’t trade up unless Dustin can get you at least 5mph more than your 260X." I ran the Kawai later on that evening and got a 73 on a full tank. My whole reason for posting this thread is to see who is really running 73+ with their 300X. The only guy I believe that is running 74+ right now is Waz... and that is because he is so anal about everything he does to his ski. That initial thread about using only the washers to get to 73mph, IMHO, was pure BS from guys with big egos. Maybe at sea level in the cold weather it was possible, but up here at 800ft. elevation and high humidity... I have got to see it for myself.

When I talked to Dustin back in May, he said, "some of the modded 300Xs I have prepared for my customer’s do 73+, but not all of them, and very few do 75 depending on the hull or other abnormalities. Of course sea level helps." Of course he was not talking about his personal pro skis here. He quoted me a price on a 300X ski that included all the mods that were available at the time and still said he could not guarantee 73. Maybe now he has discovered new things that will get his customers to 75+… I will have to contact him again and ask. But for the moment I want to see who really has their almost stock (minor mods like air intake and prop, no engine work or super charger work what-so-ever) 300X running 73+mph.

+1
    Well I'll say again that I must have one of the slow ones... Riva bypass, RD grate, Bov blocked, some vent hoses removed and some shortened for air and does just over 70 with 1/2 tank. Sounds like Farthing is right on the money in that these skis have some variations that lead to inconsistent speeds between units. It seems believable to me.

+1
    Vman, that really sucks... and you are at sea level as well! What did your ski do out of the box?

+1
    Yeah... I'm a bit disappointed, but will not give up trying to find speed in there. Stock mine seemed to cut out real early and I could only get around 65 gps. The ski seems to run fine and pull hard... can't seem to find any obvious problems visually. Running around the right rpm and got about 30 hrs on her now... but I seem to be missing something!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information