Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Has anyone modded a Riva plate?

I went heat exchanger and modded stock X plate this year, made some other minor changes too, when I find/get a new GPS I might report back in more detail. But, in addition to modding the stock X plate, I bought a Riva plate, did a lot of grinding on that as well, its now level and equal on all four corners and all six mounting bosses equal each other across the plate.

But ... I wondered if anyone has tried filling in any or all of the water channels on the Riva plate for even more speed? I noticed some people have filled in the channels on their GPR ride plates and gained 1 mph ... just wondered about that on our Riva plates.

+1
    You may loose some straight line stability and bite in the corners but I dont see why it wouldn't add a little up top!

+1
    d nieson seen your sig all that in your motor and only 80? guys ae turning that or close to it with a xcharger with stock pistoms and 42's

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I went heat exchanger and modded stock X plate this year, made some other minor changes too, when I find/get a new GPS I might report back in more detail. But, in addition to modding the stock X plate, I bought a Riva plate, did a lot of grinding on that as well, its now level and equal on all four corners and all six mounting bosses equal each other across the plate.

But ... I wondered if anyone has tried filling in any or all of the water channels on the Riva plate for even more speed? I noticed some people have filled in the channels on their GPR ride plates and gained 1 mph ... just wondered about that on our Riva plates.
    Jim's modded plate guaranteed at least 2 mph I seen 2 1/2 increase.. Nice mod! I picked one up used. Cnc machined down the center.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    d nieson seen your sig all that in your motor and only 80? guys ae turning that or close to it with a xcharger with stock pistoms and 42's
    hmm what are you turning???? i bet not 80 lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Obviously your not on the forum a lot or dont read many post. The 80.2 in the sig was last year at the end of summer early fall before all that mods. Even then I was just beginning to tune the machine before loosing a cylinder due to possible faulty injector. I spent all winter taking my time with the engine. Second trip out this year (Memorial Day) I managed to hit some rocks destroying the pump and some minor gel coat dammage (3,500.00), costly and time consuming repair. Have only been out twice with the machine since repairs were complete. I work two jobs to help pay for my toys so not a lot of extra time for working on the ski. Last trip out I managed to pull a 79 mph run in 100 degree air temps, water was at around 90 degrees and spinning 8150 - 8200 on an untouched 15/22R. I havnt even had time to play with the timing and not much time spent on fine tuning the AFRs. I promise you there is a lot left in the ski its just finding the time to get on the water. With the Riva ECU I should be able to spin 8550 but before bending the prop I want to get all I can out of the engine first. Just havnt bothered with deleting the posted 80 GPS, does look kinda like a fucked up ski or poor ability to tune. Hope this satisfies your curiosity...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Obviously your not on the forum a lot or dont read many post. The 80.2 in the sig was last year at the end of summer early fall before all that mods. Even then I was just beginning to tune the machine before loosing a cylinder due to possible faulty injector. I spent all winter taking my time with the engine. Second trip out this year (Memorial Day) I managed to hit some rocks destroying the pump and some minor gel coat dammage (3,500.00), costly and time consuming repair. Have only been out twice with the machine since repairs were complete. I work two jobs to help pay for my toys so not a lot of extra time for working on the ski. Last trip out I managed to pull a 79 mph run in 100 degree air temps, water was at around 90 degrees and spinning 8150 - 8200 on an untouched 15/22R. I havnt even had time to play with the timing and not much time spent on fine tuning the AFRs. I promise you there is a lot left in the ski its just finding the time to get on the water. With the Riva ECU I should be able to spin 8550 but before bending the prop I want to get all I can out of the engine first. Just havnt bothered with deleting the posted 80 GPS, does look kinda like a fucked up ski or poor ability to tune. Hope this satisfies your curiosity...
    No need to explain bro.. it's all good.. in the hood lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    No need to explain bro.. it's all good.. in the hood lol.
    Yea I see he hasn't posted any numbers to bragg about either.

+1
    he's cool dont think he was tryin to bust any nuts or anything..

+1
    My bad dude, I thought he was being a dick! I appreciate you clearing that up. Some of these people can be rude as hell and I guess I assumed the worse...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information