Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1

P0520, everyones favorite code. Baffled.

I have an 04 RXP that is throwing the 0520 code as soon as you put the key on without the ski running. I've replaced the engine harness, MPEM, ECU, oil tank pressure switch, oil pressure sensor, and still no solution. Like i said also this happens as soon as you put the key on. Does anyone know what these sensors should ohm out to from the factory?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    I have an 04 RXP that is throwing the 0520 code as soon as you put the key on without the ski running. I've replaced the engine harness, MPEM, ECU, oil tank pressure switch, oil pressure sensor, and still no solution. Like i said also this happens as soon as you put the key on. Does anyone know what these sensors should ohm out to from the factory?
    Make sure the oil filter is not collapsed, and do an oil pressure test on the port at the back of the head.

Did u put a blue or black oil press switch under the intake manifold? Should be black....

Did u read this thread? http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...gulator-07-RXP

Also make sure the tops, and front OSPS wires arent backwards. The OSPS should only have the 1 wire connector to it.

I have the Same thing Happening Any Luck Finding the Problem??

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    as above if you use the incorrect year oil pressure switch under the manifold it will do that as the old switches work backwards from the new ones one type grounds the wire until there is oil pressure the other type grounds the wire when pressure builds up.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I have code 0520 I have not yet replaced parts, I dont like parts replacing as finding problem I love my meters and diagrams. All of a sudden I replaced the ecu because it would not crank, it now cranks and starts. I have established good psi at cold Idle 80 psi(oil pressure) specs between 65-94. I also established I have good connection to a connection #6 pin on ecu. If I ground my wire to oil pressure switch the intial warning chk engine goes away and at 3000 plus rpm I get oil warning. Oil level is correct I get a perfect run at idle to idle rough as soon as I take off it throws the code and shoves me to limp mode. I guess Im down to my oil pressure switch. I will pull the intake and meter it. If its not one thing its twenty others. One problem creates another murphy's Law

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    if your getting a code as soon as you put the key on then the ecu is seeing a ground from somewhere. the oil pressure switches are just what they say. when you start the ski the oil pressure closes the switch and sends ecu a ground. very simple. not sure what a oil tank pressure switch is though? rxp doesnt have that. theres 2 ops on 04. 1 on the block and 1 on the front oil pump

I've seen this happen once. On a 04 GTX SC. The oil pump housing lost continuity with the block. The ECM looks for a ground but cannot find it at the front oil pressure/tank switch and it will keep throwing the P0520. Check for continuity between housing and block. This machine had alot of corrosion around oil pump housing and block.

Thread Information