Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Newbie question regarding bilge pumps

Wazup! I just picked up a 2011 RXT IS and had a few questions. Im a first time ski owner and I wanted to know if a bilge pump shoud be something to consider or is it necessary to install? Does anybody know of any problems that may come in the future with this model? Any sites with trick upgrades I can check out. Affordable wetsuits?

Any help would be appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    Wazup! I just picked up a 2011 RXT IS and had a few questions. Im a first time ski owner and I wanted to know if a bilge pump shoud be something to consider or is it necessary to install? Does anybody know of any problems that may come in the future with this model? Any sites with trick upgrades I can check out. Affordable wetsuits?

Any help would be appreciated.

Well your in the right spot check out the store and you can purchase products right off here. Bilge pump is not a bad idea but I dont think its needed if you just have a stock ski.

Quote Originally Posted by rockonup View Post
    Well your in the right spot check out the store and you can purchase products right off here. Bilge pump is not a bad idea but I dont think its needed if you just have a stock ski.
    Its stock..........for now. Thanks. Know of any "stock" problems?

+1
    Its stock..........for now. Thanks. Know of any "stock" problems?

Is it new or how many hours does it have on it?

Just perform all regular main. if you do that and go the extra mile ur ski will last a long time.

For me I change out my oil at the time of winterization. I put new plugs in after the 2nd or 3rd time riding out of storage.

and I follow seadoos book on what to get done during each hour checkpoint so ur warranty stays in tack. If you do all that you should be in great shape.

I just put about 6 hours on it. Ill definately stay on top of maintence. Thanks alot. Stay safe!

+1
    I just put about 6 hours on it. Ill definately stay on top of maintence. Thanks alot. Stay safe!

Also I dunno about the break in process but some require you to use the white key for the first 25 hours for the break in. Helps you so you dont hammer on it all the time. I did that just to be sure even though I wanted to use the yellow key badly and hammer on the throttle. But glad I didnt and I dont know if the computer can even tell.

[QUOTE=rockonup;1748698]Also I dunno about the break in process but some require you to use the white key for the first 25 hours for the break in. Helps you so you dont hammer on it all the time. I did that just to be sure even though I wanted to use the yellow key badly and hammer on the throttle. But glad I didnt and I dont know if the computer can even tell.[/QUOTE

Mine is a green for the learner key. I have to check my book but I think its first 10 hours for oil change and inspection. ive been using the yellow but im babeing it. Thanks again!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Do not break in your ski with the learner key!!!!!!!

+1
    Hi Zoo Keeper. I have a new 2011 RXT iS. I have never used a bilge pump on any of my skis but it is a good safety feature. Last year my 2003 4 TEC developed water leaks at the drain plug housings and started taking in quite a bit of water while it was just sitting in the water. Luckily I noticed it and pulled it out of the water and re-sealed the housings. My iS has 12 hours on it and just had the 10 hour maintenance. It runs beautifully. The only problems I noticed on my first ride was that it kind of steered to the right slightly and that the moving deck rubs on the left side. The tech said he adjusted the steering and that SeaDoo says the rubbing on the left side is not a problem. I believe it is a manufacturing design fault. I looked at two other iS models and both of them also have the misaligned decks. There is apparently nothing that can be done to correct it according to SeaDoo. I am going to try to file down the hard plastic molding at the front to at least stop the rubbing at that point. SeaDoo said it will eventually wear down. A pretty lame answer for a $15000 PWC.
    Just check the internet for wetsuits, but trying them on guarantees a proper fit.
    I have added three accessories, SeaDoos depth finder, the X-Package and Speed Ties. If you want any info on those items let me know. I found a site that has the best prices.
    Flush the boat after you take it out of the water (after your trip) not necessarily every day. Just follow the owners manual recommendations and the boat should last a long time. I have had SeaDoos since 1995 and they have all been good. I have never added aftermarket speed accessories to any of my PWC's. This boat is very fast, at high speed it feels like you are in a centrifuge with the skin on your face being pushed off. Have a fun, safe time on your new ski.

+1
    Hi again Zoo Keeper. Don't baby the ski, just follow the owners manual break-in instructions. Ride in all speed ranges for awhile except for WOT (wide open throttle). Just very short bursts at WOT, otherwise do not exceed 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. As the books says "speed variations contribute to a good break-in."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information