Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

R&D closed course grate?

is anyone currently running this grate? i am starting to look at grates for my PX, but i haven't seen anything about this grate.

i am starting to look at grates and i mostly just see top speed results. i want better hook-up and i deff don't want to lose any acceleration. so far it looks like the worx is the best option, but i want to get some input on the R&D closed course first.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedpgt View Post
    is anyone currently running this grate? i am starting to look at grates for my PX, but i haven't seen anything about this grate.

i am starting to look at grates and i mostly just see top speed results. i want better hook-up and i deff don't want to lose any acceleration. so far it looks like the worx is the best option, but i want to get some input on the R&D closed course first.
    It would depend on level of mods. If its a stock or close to stock ski I would say go for it if your planning on running closed course or want to do some aggressive manouvering (spell check). Most of us with PXs stay away from these more aggressive grates including the Worx due to the stuff factor of the skis. I'm certain it will perform well for you simular to the OEM but not as agressive.

I havn't seen anyone on here running one with the PX.

Well I don't plan on doing 80. I am more into acceleration and handling. I have a 4" air now and don't plan on doing a whole ton more. Just a free flow exhaust pipe and maybe a couple more small things.

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Well I don't plan on doing 80. I am more into acceleration and handling. I have a 4" air now and don't plan on doing a whole ton more. Just a free flow exhaust pipe and maybe a couple more small things.

If you are into handling. definitely get yourself the RIVA sponson kit. I just put a set on my PX and holly cow it is awesome now.

They really make that big of a difference? I have read good things about OPAS pro series removal too.

so no one is running this grate?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TundraLu View Post
    If you are into handling. definitely get yourself the RIVA sponson kit. I just put a set on my PX and holly cow it is awesome now.
    +1 !!!!!!

They really make that big of a difference? I have read good things about OPAS pro series removal too.
    yes, both are great! The Riva sponsons also add an aggressive look along with more predictable and better handling. If I was on a budget and had to decide between the two, it would definitely be the Riva OPAS PRO block-offs first and then sponsons. OPAS to me is more dangerous than helpful bc you could be having fun riding curvy river rides, porpoise without even trying and before you know it your in the water wondering what the hell was that?!!

still would like some input from someone that owns this grate.

well i just ordered one. i will post pics when i get it comparing it to stock.

+1
    I am interested in seeing those photos. I have a WORX on mine (I assume the R&D closed course is similar)and really like it. I will post a picture tomorrow showing a R&D (not closed course) to the WORX. I did not like the R&D as well, it seemed to make the tail of the ski unstable up to 50mph or so when it smoothed out. Like you, top end for me is a by-product of wanting better acceleration. With two valves for pressure relief I have not had any indication of stuffing up to 78mph with the WORX grate.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information