Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

Keihin carb info needed

been toying with this idea for a while,but first.who has a set of sl1050 carbs??what does the throttle blade measure??reason i ask is almost all of the twin carbs i've gotten that are suppose to be 40mm carbs aren't,they measure out at 38mm including the octane.the sl1050 carbd might be an excellent way to increase carb size on the octanes.to the idea.looking to take 38mm triple carbs (seeing as how most go to the 40mm carbs anyway) and heavily modify them.the tops are already matched to the flame arrestors and they flow all the air you'd want.strip the bodies all the way down and machine them out to accept 42mm throttle blades and open up the venturis as well.a flow bench will be used to see if the stock booster will work or either a brass tube or an annular design wil be installed.as to chokes will see what the flow bench offers up as to wether they stay or not.ported intakes would be available as well to match the carbs.if you have ANY 38mm keihin parts i'd like to have them,donations would be greatly appreciated as several bodies will be sacrificed along the way.the setups will be bolt on.3 carbs on 2 pumps just like stock.all stock linkage and oil injection as well.looking for around 195 cfm vs 168 cfm from the stock 40's.

+1
    Do you have a place to get the 42mm throttle blades ?

+1
    got some options.brass plate would make the best material to work with.there was somebody modding the 42 race keihins into 43mm annular discharge setups.would LOVE to get all those aluminum plates they took out.that would limit the work to just the bodies.ANYBODY???

+1
    I kinda looked into doing something similar and when i looked at the stock carbs from my 1050, it looked like if you bored them to accept 42mm blades it would break into some of the passages so it didn't look as though it would work. I don't remember off hand what exactly it would break into, but i do remember that it wouldn't work going that big.

+1
    You'll blow right through the transition circuits.

+1
    Easy fix get Mikuni's LOL !!!!!!!!!!

+1
    somebody send me some 38mm bodies and will know for sure.the 40's look like they'll go that 1mm,so maybe the 38's will go 2mm.also would be adding hs adjusters from the 700 stuff that had them.if the flow #'s aren't there either as well it wouldn't be worth doing at all.besides i need something to tinker with

Thread Information